2105/C28 prices going up!

chef free

$13.5k seems a little high for a C28 and an MC2105, but the Ebay ad states "One Owner bought it new in 1970. One owner and Is 220 and 110 and in excellent condition and has 8 channels". I'd love an eight channel MC2105, can I strap it for 420 watts per?

Last edited:
The MC2105 is a 2 channel amp. I'd like to know where he is getting the other 6 channels from, unless there are 4 MC2105's in the sale.

yeah, saw the same person selling a 2105, C28 and MR77 for $15k on ebay, it's probably still there. I happen to have this exact setup, and I bought my stuff off ebay a year ago and maybe, maybe paid $3k for all 3 pieces, including shipping and including the additional funds for 2 walnut cabinets for 2 of the pieces. But I'm still noticing that the prices are retaining the same if not better than what I paid

I would guess if he took the 1 off of the front of that total price he would be more in the ball park. $3500

$13.5k seems a little high for a C28 and an MC2105, but the Ebay ad states "One Owner bought it new in 1970. One owner and Is 220 and 110 and in excellent condition and has 8 channels". I'd love an eight channel MC2105, can I strap it for 420 watts per?
Seems to be a new trend on E Bay by scammers. Post a ridiculous price for an item, and hope that someone uninformed will take the bait.

Seems to be a new trend on E Bay by scammers. Post a ridiculous price for an item, and hope that someone uninformed will take the bait.
Hardly what I would call a scam. Just simple economics. Otherwise being a car salesman would be a felony. If someone bites then the seller wins. Consumers need to educate themselves.

The prices over at Audiogon seem closer to more established prices. Bought my MC 206 from nice gent via Audiogon. Everything else bought since 2008 has been from Audio Classics. I did buy my MX 119 and 207 from Pearl Audio Audio in Portland. One of the guys had worked for our Mac distributor in the past. The warranty really is important. The 861 I bought from Frank failed after a year was exchanged. The C-34 failed after 9years and was repaired too by AC at a very reasonable price, considering the part was no longer available and had to be totally rebuilt. . When my rebuilt MR-80 and MPI 4 were compromised in shipping they were both repaired very quickly with UPS paying over night both ways. I always have Audio Classics handle the shipping both ways using call tags for pick up. As they don't charge retail shipping prices that you would encounter at a UPS store.

Last edited:
Hardly what I would call a scam. Just simple economics. Otherwise being a car salesman would be a felony. If someone bites then the seller wins. Consumers need to educate themselves.
I call it an attempt to take advantage of people, but that's just me...
There is a concept known as 'doing the right thing'....

Back
Top Bottom