This is not how you ship a L-02A !!!!!!

cchean

WTF??? I could not believe this is how it was packed. Still wondering how it survived. It must have been the Audio Gods blessings...m_IMG_20180302_135653.jpg m_IMG_20180302_135658.jpg m_IMG_20180302_135956.jpg

That sure wasn't any audio fan that packed that. You're fortunate it survived. ebay?

Is that really another box being used for padding? Nice. The marginal bits of foam board probably saved it.

I had a Marantz 4400 show up with nothing but those air pillows. Yes, they were all flat by the time it got to me.

Yeah, ebay...

Yep, another magnificent packaging job from a numbskull who definitely came from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Nothing pisses me off more.
Everytime I purchase online I always request proper packaging. Some sellers get touchy about it and proceed to pack in their crappy way anyway. Why can't people just do the right thing ???
If it costs extra Im always happy to pay.

Hers the rub with ebay. If your looking to score something on the cheap from a seller who is in the dark regarding value of the goods sold you run the risk of having shitty pack jobs. If you buy from a seasoned audio seller they usually package bombproof, but also know the value of the item and price accordingly. You do sometimes get what you pay for!!

All true... and when was buying audio stuff online not a gamble at best anyway? At least the odds are still better than the house gives you at the tables in Vegas. :smoke:

John

You would not belive how some of the very fragile items I purchased on eBay were packed.
I've had items come in tissue boxes, cereal boxes and even a cracker box. When the seller was approached
on how the item was packed they acted like it was just fine to pack it like that and I must be just an idiot.
Here are just a couple I received.....no lie, really.
The tissue box they had wrapped the opening in paper before mailing it at least and notice the FRAGILE tape on the sides, yeah right! but, the other is real hilarious, just plastered the label right on it and shipped it.
And yes, I had to take a photo of these when I got them just so someone would believe me.
DSC03179.JPG Shipping Box.JPG

Wow. Unfreakin' believable.
The tissue box is gold.
That brings Stupid to a whole new level.
There should be a name and shame website dedicated to d**khead sellers who package like this.

I think there is.....it's called eBay.
No, I know that's not fair to all the others that know what the heck their doing, me included but, sometimes ya just gotta wonder.
I think all new eBay Sellers need to go through a course of how and how not to's before being able to sell Anything.

I think if either those items were taken to USPS counter they would not be accepted.. At the least they should be sent back to sender for insufficient packaging...

I think if either those items were taken to USPS counter they would not be accepted.. At the least they should be sent back to sender for insufficient packaging...

But, the fact IS they were and the postal workers accepted them on both times.
I ask our PO clerk one day how can anyone ship something like that and they said as long as it's packaged in something it ships. And they had seen a lot worse.

I once took a balsa wood airplane packed in a box with peanuts to UPS. This was a long time ago, probably the late 80s - early 90s. It was a whole complete corrugated box but not a heavy one and it was fairly flat and wide so it did have the propensity for crushing, in hindsight. When I told them what was in the box they opened it and said "We really don't think this is going to make it without more sturdy packaging."

Imagine if someone would do that for all these Ebay sellers today. There would be fewer claims. But even some of the people at the UPS and FedEx stores apparently don't know how to pack themselves.

Only by a miracle. Perhaps it was handled by conscientious workers and not the Apes we've become accustomed to..

Miracle is right because I've had one too may damaged by poor packaging and handling.
It just irks me, here I purchase an antique most the time that has survived all this time, some times 100's of years
to have one fool pack it like it was a brick and have it windup destroyed in 2-4 days in shipping because they weren't conscientious enough
to pack it properly. Sometimes I feel this is the seller's way of saying "you didn't pay enough for it , so I don't care".
Or " I don't care cause I got the money and that's all that counts".

Years ago, I purchased (off The `Bay) a Paul Simon reel-to-reel tape. The seller packaged it in a white plastic bag, stuck a label on it, and mailed it. I received the empty bag, which had been surgically sliced open along one end.
I took the bag, and an LP version of the album, down to the local Post Office. Showed them the empty bag, then the album, and told them "THIS is what is supposed to be in the bag, but a slightly smaller box."
One of the workers called out "Ooohhh....I saw that on a shelf in the back !"
So, there was a good ending, I got my tape back, but I`d still like to know who was the bonehead that opened my package, and then forwarded the empty envelope....

Gees! If I didn't know any better I'd think that some scum was going to steel it and decided not to after maybe being seen in the process.
Glad you got it back, that's always a relief.
I've had items delivered to the wrong address and when confronting one of them they denied ever seeing it.........yeah, Right!

Back
Top Bottom