Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I have a lot of Brubeck but never saw that one.

You probably own it.

It's "Brubeck Time" re-issued with a different (and hilarious) cover. I own "both".

Brubeck_Time.jpg

You probably own it.

It's "Brubeck Time" re-issued with a different (and hilarious) cover. I own "both".
Thanks for the info. I noticed the Harmony logo and figured it was either a reissue or a comp. I actually don't have the one you showed either. Is it recommended?

I just looked at the discography. Every record of his I own is later than that one, except "Jazz goes to College". That one is five years earlier.

I actually got a nice little score today... not because the items were super awesome, but because the price was so low.

A book: Small Engine Technology..... basically covers older common lawn equipment engines, and I've got a few that need work
A CD: Cool Runnings movie soundtrack

My total was $1.01, as paperbacks are 5/$1 and the CD was 1/2 price, which I did not know when headed to the register.

Stopped at an antique consignment shop after babysitting this morning. One dealer had been putting out some nice $1.00 CDs so I looked to see if there were any new additions There were and I picked up 6 of them which included a Chesky audiophile test disc and a MOFI Jazz CD. Another dealer had a new box of records out that included an odd WLP hard rock compilation. 4 selections were produced by Ed Cobb: Chocolate Watchband, Standells, Lynx and the Zoo. Can't find any info on it.

001 (2).JPG 002 (4).JPG 003 (3).JPG

Found this surprisingly rare Delfonics single at the local Goodwill. It's the original local release before it got bought by Bell and mass produced. Couldn't find a single one for sale or that had been sold. The green label was only used on this first pressing.

Only one on Popsike, a WLP. $25 but only one bidder. I suspect it is worth more.

https://www.popsike.com/Delfonics-6...ou-Cant-Get-Over-Losing-You/121956507736.html

The discogs for the WLP shows several sales but the green has a listing but has never sold. My guess is that very few regular issues were printed before they were bought by Bell.

Sony CDP-291 for $8. Definitely BPC but it does have a Philips TDA1543 d/a chip so decent sounding. It will complete a budget system which makes selling inexpensive receivers and speakers a lot easier.

I stopped by goodwill today and all of a sudden shorts are 15 and 20 bucks a pair ! They said this is just the beginning of a change. I wonder if this will affect everything in the store, they didn't say much. Walked out with a denon dvd/sacd player though.

I stopped by goodwill today and all of a sudden shorts are 15 and 20 bucks a pair ! They said this is just the beginning of a change. I wonder if this will affect everything in the store, they didn't say much. Walked out with a denon dvd/sacd player though.
I wouldn't even pay 15 to 20 bucks for shorts at a department store.

I stopped by goodwill today and all of a sudden shorts are 15 and 20 bucks a pair ! They said this is just the beginning of a change. I wonder if this will affect everything in the store, they didn't say much..

This has got to be a joke, they put a dollar sign instead of a cents sign.
Otherwise, do they not realize that Marshall's/ TJ Maxx is right down the road??

Stopped at an antique consignment shop after babysitting this morning. One dealer had been putting out some nice $1.00 CDs so I looked to see if there were any new additions There were and I picked up 6 of them which included a Chesky audiophile test disc and a MOFI Jazz CD. Another dealer had a new box of records out that included an odd WLP hard rock compilation. 4 selections were produced by Ed Cobb: Chocolate Watchband, Standells, Lynx and the Zoo. Can't find any info on it.

View attachment 1133199 View attachment 1133200 View attachment 1133201

You're slackin' @bobsvinyl,... no Fart Detector with this haul,... I must say, I'm a little bit disappointed! :D :whip:

Latest find, pair of cerwin Vega vs120's, apparently original orange surrounds in immaculate shape, $20! Fuse holders a bit weak, but retentioning fixed that.
Marantz 1060, turned up in an electronics recycling drive, I traded a BPC recever for it as the guy that I got it from said no workee. Jumpers between pre &power amps missing. It works fine, guts all o.e.m..
Fisher 500c in a custom-crafted end table install from hartville flea market, $40, all original down to the bulbs, working but for phono stage hum. All paperwork, service manual, period-correct fisher promo flyers, owner's manual included. Very minimal run-time on it.
I could go on & on, but a lot of my gear was acquired long ago, all for cheap, prices unknown. .. 12 fisher pieces alone.:banana:

Back
Top Bottom