New Outlaw Receiver!

Well, I for one would like to see anyone here that doesn't have something made from China in their household.
In my opinion, the consumer should buy what fits his needs. Where a product is manufactured is only one of those criteria.
It's also nice when those manufacturers take their customers concerns and criticisms into account.
Instead of thinking of it as a negative, but positive and constructive feedback for future products and designs, that fit those needs better.

Outlaw is a great name and it's interesting to see a few here literally let it live up to its name. It's dismiss kindergarten 101 day here and there the negative blows back and forth really muddy the important aspects.

We aren't on strike with China that I know of...

Outlaw is a great name and it's interesting to see a few here literally let it live up to its name. It's dismiss kindergarten 101 day here and there the negative blows back and forth really muddy the important aspects.

We aren't on strike with China that I know of...
Sure... I agree.
You know they used to say the same thing about Japan manufacturing years ago, so it's nothing new.
IMHO it shows a lot of short sightedness and lack of understanding.
Unfortunately these days people seem to wear that as a badge, and think it's a plus. And many times make it very difficult to carry on a rational discussion, because you can see their posts are full of insults and derogatory terms, so they soon turn that on you. And then they wonder why you're not interested in discussing important issues with them anymore.
It's really too bad...

Last edited:
I own an Outlaw RR2150 although I'm not currently using it. I think that it is a good product. I used it for over a year when I got back into HiFi. I stopped using it because I wanted to go the separates route. I would bet that the new receiver would make a lot of people very happy with its performance.

-Dave

I own an Outlaw RR2150 although I'm not currently using it. I think that it is a good product. I used it for over a year when I got back into HiFi. I stopped using it because I wanted to go the separates route. I would bet that the new receiver would make a lot of people very happy with its performance.

-Dave
Sure... when you think about all the iconic receivers in the 60s and 70s... majority of them were made in Japan.
As mentioned, I think a consumer should able to pick out a product they like best, without someone with misinformed, and miss guided opinions influence them... in a negative way.

Sure... when you think about all the iconic receivers in the 60s and 70s... majority of them were made in Japan.
As mentioned, I think a consumer should able to pick out a product they like best, without someone with misinformed, and miss guided opinions influence them... in a negative way.

I agree. I'm tired of the knee jerk anti-Chinese equipment posts. They add nothing to the the discussion.

-Dave

I agree. I'm tired of the knee jerk anti-Chinese equipment posts. They add nothing to the the discussion.

-Dave
Yes!!!
Thanks!
And you have to remember Audio started out as a hobby.
A lot of people, including my father built their own equipment
That's why I have to admire some of this forgein equipment, among other things, for its hand built aspect.
Pretty cool in my opinion!!

I've had a lot of issues with Chinese electronics offgassing to the point I can't be in the same room with them. This happens pretty regularly.

Glowing review of the 2160 in December Stereophile. (Herb Reichert falls in love with every component he gets, but full set of measurements from Atkinson.)

I heard a 2150 and it did sound good but was at a party so I really couldn't critically listen to it.

I had one for a while and it does sound very good. It especially liked (or my room did) Boston Acoustics A70 speakers. And it mated very well with my Goldring 1012GX cart.

I've had a lot of issues with Chinese electronics offgassing to the point I can't be in the same room with them. This happens pretty regularly.
Really!? Haven't had that issue. I have a Maverick D1 plus, and a $29 Tube Buffer off Amazon, that are built as solid as anything stateside, Japan etc. The tube buffer blows my mind at the price. Well designed (same circuit design as the MF 10XD) super quiet, great specs, and highly musical. IMHO as consumers it's nice to have lots of choices at different price points. Every has their own opinion as far as the political aspect. IMHO a lot of people play that game for their own personal weird reasons. Whatever.......I'll leave that to the so called experts, and stick with enjoying music.

Has anyone used the HP section of the RR? If so, what HP's(Ω) were you using? I'm wanting to see about the performance with higher impedance phones.(300Ω).

Has anyone used the HP section of the RR? If so, what HP's(Ω) were you using? I'm wanting to see about the performance with higher impedance phones.(300Ω).

I have some Sennheiser 650s, and if I am not mistaken, they are 300 ohms also. The headphone output of the 2160 sounds great but only does an okay job with tougher loads. It drives the 650s, but they don't get loud by any means and I find my self listening at close to max output when I do use them which is very rare.

I suppose you could use the record output to feed an external HP amp.

But.... should I upgrade my 2150 with the 2160?... and why?

That right there is a great question. Luckily Outlaw has a great return policy.

I would also call them and ask if they can upgrade your 2150. Before I sold mine, I sent it back and they put in the latest firmware and replaced the USB board bringing it up to the spec of modern 2150s. Mine was one of the first units.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom