New member...JBL Junkie

Good to know. I use mine on the angled JBL stands, and prefer the bass response.

I found the L100 to lack some of the extension down low that I like in the L112, and like even more in the L150A, but it's probably fair to say the variances could easily fall in the YMMV area. Then there's the HF response, I much prefer the 044 domes to the cone tweeters on the L100 sonically. Also like the ring radiator pro tweeters from back then too, but 4345 and similar models are a bit out of my pocket range unless I sell off a bunch of other stuff. Tried the L220 but that may not have been the best model they did with 076/077 tweeters, right? Ultimately I sold those and kept the L96/112/150A pairs.

John

The L112 was in my estimation slightly more bass heavy than the L100 and is WAY more sensitive to room placement. Be sure to give them plenty of room from the front wall and keep the tweeter slightly lower than ear level

Good to know. I use mine on the angled JBL stands, and prefer the bass response.

I found the L100 to lack some of the extension down low that I like in the L112, and like even more in the L150A, but it's probably fair to say the variances could easily fall in the YMMV area. Then there's the HF response, I much prefer the 044 domes to the cone tweeters on the L100 sonically. Also like the ring radiator pro tweeters from back then too, but 4345 and similar models are a bit out of my pocket range unless I sell off a bunch of other stuff. Tried the L220 but that may not have been the best model they did with 076/077 tweeters, right? Ultimately I sold those and kept the L96/112/150A pairs.

John
Boy 220's. .we called that the disco speaker.

Welcome to AK lots of JBL and Altec stuff have came and gone with me and I still have some left, I cant say I have owned them all every model but quite a few.

Regards Snow

my L100 crossovers,from an article by Richard Swerdlow titled "coast to coast sound"

Attachments

• IMG_2120.JPG
    IMG_2120.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 6
Yeah... officially the 222 was the Disco, but I'm sure there were folks that thought both models fell in that category. I think it's a better speaker than that and I really wanted to like it better - I mean, it is built with a lot of good solid JBL parts - but it just didn't punch my buttons - even when I ran them biamped with a B380.

What's your take on the new L100? Had a chance to listen to those?

John

Boy 220's. .we called that the disco speaker.

Good to have another JBL junkie here. Can you describe what y’all built for Jerry Garcia?
I can't relay speak on what Jerry used for live sound reinforcement, although he indeed use JBL's his personal listening was I believe done primarily on 4311's

Back
Top Bottom