Blown away by infinity QB

Steelydan71

1520995662566-369395908.jpg 1520995710571-579213291.jpg Hello all!!
I am new to this site and have posted my intro and took a pic of one of my systems. Today is the day I became a convert to the Emit tweeter... I have been very blessed to have a supportive wife who understands my crazy vintage audio addiction. We have finally moved to our new home here in New Braunfels Tx. She was very instrumental in my newest aquistion ... Today started out like any other day... She texted me and said that I needed to meet up with a person from Varage sale.... Now my wife's passion is buying and selling jewelry and clothing thru said app. I thought nothing of it ...At the time of the transaction she calls and says it's for me.... I was like for me???? What could it be? Now before you think I was too naive .... I was not expecting speakers... (I just picked up a pair of Polk SDA's this last weekend... I am still in awe of them..)..ok I digress... Anyway the point is a young lady and her mother met me in a target parking lot... And Bam! I see them and I cannot believe my eyes a pair of mint Infinity QBs .... Unbelievable... Warranty card , brochure ,speaker grills. Etc etc... These babies are mint!!! And well I have been listening to them since I picked them up 4hrs ago... I am so excited and I really am happy with the sound!!! Oh my gosh those tweeters are soooo sweet!!! Well..... I am a convert and cannot wait to hook them up to a proper amplifier...

Attachments

• 1520996169141-2122822368.jpg
    1520996169141-2122822368.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 79
Congrats on your acquisition!

Infinity Qb..... bought mine new around 1976-78. Still have and enjoy them!!

Treat them to plenty of clean power for best results.

Congrats on an excellent acquisition! The only problem with discovering that sound is it takes you on a journey of continuous want. Infinitys tend to do that to you.

Congrats on an excellent acquisition! The only problem with discovering that sound is it takes you on a journey of continuous want. Infinitys tend to do that to you.
Boy, ain't that the truth.

Welcome to the world of vintage Infinity's. If you're like most of us Infinity fans, these won't be your last pair.

Great speakers. Those look like they were very well cared for. Hanging around on this forum can be trouble. Bunch of “enablers”...Nice polks too!
Jim

Congratulations! That is a find right there. Can't say much more than be careful or you'll find yourself buying lots of roses as the Infinity bite sinks in and you test your wife.......:angel:

These were my first vintage Infinities a couple years ago, if you don't count the excellent car speakers I had in my Toyota Corolla Liftback in the mid 80s. :) My Qb's were free because they needed woofer foam. Had to fix an EMIT but there are great instructions on how to do that on AK. They grace the walls of my wood shop now, driven by a hunk of Hafler. :thumbsup:

Nobody here has mentioned yet. If ever you notice that you start getting loose, flabby bass response, check your cabinets for air leaks.

My brand new Qb started having problems with bass response only a couple years into ownership. The culprit, ....bad sealing along the joints in the cabinet. I fixed that and they've been fine ever since.

Qb woofers have rubber surrounds. Are you sure those are the speakers you have?

Actually I probably mixed them up with my other pair, Monitor Jr. which were the free ones that got refoamed. The Qb probably just had the bad EMIT. Both pairs have been here for awhile so I conflated the details. Thanks for straightening that out.

My first pair of "real" speakers! Saved up $400 bucks making $2.65/hr slinging pizzas back in 1978. Still got 'em too!
Ahhh... Yes I was a very precocious 7yr old listening to my only male cousin yammering on and on about Genesis not being the same without Peter Gabriel....He also had these wonderful speakers in his room. I was so happy that a mature 19 yr old would let me listen to his vast record collection.... He would say that he never heard of a kid liking his Steely Dan albums so much lol....My fave uncle would pop his head in every so often and comment how nice these sounded but we're no match to his Altec horns....ahhh... I miss those times.....I do know that my cousin did work his a$@ off after school and during the summer to buy them... (apologies for the digression)

It's your thread so digress all you want.

Oh, and welcome, enjoy the Infinitys.

Back
Top Bottom