Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

After running some errands with the wifey yesterday, she pulled into the goodwill. Suprised the heck outta me , I'm usually the one that drops that unannounced stop on her lol. Came out to be a good haul. Finally after a few years of not picking up a pair of these on my own ( through cl, etc.) I saw some familiar little speakers buried in a bin full of alarm clocks an computer speakers. Realistic minimus 7's! In great shape and these babies sound stellar. $3.99 out the door they're comin home with me!. Been wanting a pair for sometime but just never pulled the trigger, what really suprised was they're weight! Great find in my opinion! Next up is something I really don't have a lot of experience with, but for a $1.99 I couldn't just leave it there. It's a TC750 moving magnet phono preamp. After reading up on it, it seems to be a pretty decent entry level preamp that got some decent reviews. Not sure if my rig would benefit from it but it's worth a shot I guess. I'm running a small 35wpc Nikko integrated with a technics sl1900 at the moment so any input would be greatly appreciated. All in all it turned out to be a good stop!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 139
Undoubtedly my biggest find ever! (so far!) :banana:
AB international precedent series II ER2500LX. I found it on CL priced at $30 bucks,yes,$30 bucks! I thought it was a typing error since I know these are going for $300 + on ebay.
I emailed the seller and informed him/her that I would like to pick it up ASAP,and confirmed that the price was for 30 bucks,the thing is that it was 1 hour and a half from my location ,well worth it.
This thing is not a beast,it's a BEHEMOTH ! Freakishly powerful at 550 watts per channel @8ohms,currently running my numark dm1001x preamp and hooked up to my KLH 317's,sounds amazing!
Y8Kqz85.jpg

Qs49RKO.jpg

L6SF8zk.jpg

ikLxmP2.jpg

OG26pwg.jpg

Undoubtedly my biggest find ever! (so far!) :banana:
AB international precedent series II ER2500LX. I found it on CL priced at $30 bucks,yes,$30 bucks! I thought it was a typing error since I know these are going for $300 + on ebay.
I emailed the seller and informed him/her that I would like to pick it up ASAP,and confirmed that the price was for 30 bucks,the thing is that it was 1 hour and a half from my location ,well worth it.
This thing is not a beast,it's a BEHEMOTH ! Freakishly powerful at 550 watts per channel @8ohms,currently running my numark dm1001x preamp and hooked up to my KLH 317's,sounds amazing!
Y8Kqz85.jpg

Qs49RKO.jpg

L6SF8zk.jpg

ikLxmP2.jpg

OG26pwg.jpg

5.5 cents a watt seems to be a pretty decent value

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

havnt posted in here for some time
been trying not to buy,cause seems lately i cant sell shite!
but i got a call from the scrapyard friends and had to go, cause they put this stuff away for me

got a pair of b+w dm10's work fine cabs good grills a little worn, but will add them to my room full of british speakers :)
no pics of those atm

pioneer sa-6500... turns on not tested
h/k pm 650... turns on not tested
yamaha ge 3... turns on not tested
nec aur 8075g [its uge! ] needs some lights but works... it got snowed on ... then got really snowed on 7"
she put it away and hooked it up after it dried out ..... then called me
i'll probably put in a car led strip for the dial lamps
$60 cause its all i had on me

she kept 2 pairs of bose 301 in really nice shape ... bosie as she calls them
i passed on alot of other crap

View attachment 1126918

Geez now I know which NEC receiver is the sibling to my MCS 3125. I love the look in black.

upload_2018-3-12_19-26-50.jpeg

Absolutely nothing to report today from either the recyclers, the hospice shop, the Salvation Army Store or the local pawn shop. Place is drier than dry at the moment !

I've not seen anything worth shiite in a goodwill in a long time, I think employees are nabbing anything worthwhile& selling (or hoarding) privately.
As an addendum to my last post to this thread, last summer I stopped at a local non-profit outdoor yard sale for the hell of it. Nabbed a pair of klipsch synergy b3's & a black-face fisher ca-880 integrated amp, all working for... $30!
The little klipsch bookshelf units, connected to a fisher 500c, with minty oem fisher 7591's--oooohh my!!:rockon::music::naughty:

I went to the local recycle center and grabbed a Crown Macro Tech 2400 power amplifier laying in a scrap pile getting ready to get crushed,and it looked like it had been through hell and extensive abuse . For some reason I felt it still had some life.Took it home,opened it up (bottom cover as well) and it was full of cigarette butts and feathers,very odd..lol. The cooling fan had came off the motor fitting,cleaned it and fit it back in.I did my best to clean it up,vacuumed as much dust as I could out of it along with the feathers and cobwebs and replaced the 3 pong electrical plug with a new one.The power button was missing so I used a philips screw driver to turn it on as you can see in the picture.Turned it on and it sounds really good and powerful ! :rockon:
The resistors are really corroded,any advice on how to take off the oxidation would really be appreciated .
szWSqb5.jpg

8th3bpR.jpg

gyU4ZnF.jpg

tsSVmY8.jpg
7PQQ5LK.jpg

1xEahuF.jpg

I went to the local recycle center and grabbed a Crown Macro Tech 2400 power amplifier laying in a scrap pile getting ready to get crushed,and it looked like it had been through hell and extensive abuse . For some reason I felt it still had some life.Took it home,opened it up (bottom cover as well) and it was full of cigarette butts and feathers,very odd..lol. The cooling fan had came off the motor fitting,cleaned it and fit it back in.I did my best to clean it up,vacuumed as much dust as I could out of it along with the feathers and cobwebs and replaced the 3 pong electrical plug with a new one.The power button was missing so I used a philips screw driver to turn it on as you can see in the picture.Turned it on and it sounds really good and powerful ! :rockon:
The resistors are really corroded,any advice on how to take off the oxidation would really be appreciated .
szWSqb5.jpg

8th3bpR.jpg

gyU4ZnF.jpg

tsSVmY8.jpg
7PQQ5LK.jpg

1xEahuF.jpg

I'm jealous, you're lucky. I've had no end of amazing recycling finds but never a Macrotech.

Back
Top Bottom