Show your Bicycle !

19221804_10155295518958467_556037633600140668_o.jpg

Don't know if it will work to link a Facebook photo, but if it does its my Eddy Merckx Sallanches 64

Very nice. I has a soft spot for EM bikes as I was involved in bringing them into Canada a few years back. The highlight was riding the Gran Fondo Eddy Merckx in Italy, on the starting line between Eddy and Mario Cipollini and then riding the first kms in a small group with Eddy and his friends who were his teammates and domestiques back in the day.

Merckx_Cipollini03.jpg Partenza01.jpg Partenza02.jpg

Did not get in the close up but I am on the left of Eddy in the second shot, to the right in the third as Cipo showboats for the camera, as usual. He finished in the small lead group but he did have a car waiting to take him up the climbs. What a character! Eddy and his bunch veered off party way through, did their own ride and went for beers after.

This is an original Klein Matra Race - upgraded brakes (hydraulic rim) and some XTR stuff. It's been all over the PNW and Moab a couple times. I'm too old to tear up the trails anymore but I can't get rid of one of the last bikes Gary Klein actually put together in the Klein factory in Chehalis WA. I drove up and met the man - had to shake his hand. This old gal and I have been in some pretty tight spots. She's bucked me off a couple times but she saved me many more times than I can count. Lots of good memories ...

Klein.jpg

Picked up this at auction this past winter. It was just the frame and fork then. Added some parts I had lying around. Ridden it a couple of times. It is nice. 1997 Voodoo Zobop.

Attachments

• IMG_1935[1].JPG
    IMG_1935[1].JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1936[1].JPG
    IMG_1936[1].JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1937[1].JPG
    IMG_1937[1].JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 16
I spent a couple of hours this afternoon giving my '95 Sunn the old Autosol and toothbrush treatment. It's a tedious job for sure, and my fingers hurt like hell now, but the result is worth it
smile.png

Here is a recent CL find. Philippe SLX frame and fork. It had a frozen stem, so fixed that and off I go. It also has a missing shift boss which previous owner snapped off. Found a Huret clamp on boss which I will add later. For right now it is a single speed, free wheel not fixed. I am going to put on some older Shimano clipless atb pedals and start some riding. Always wanted an SLX frame back when I was younger. Might turn this into a multispeed racer later on. I think I have enough parts lying around still.

Attachments

• IMG_1942[1].JPG
    IMG_1942[1].JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1943[1].JPG
    IMG_1943[1].JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1944[1].JPG
    IMG_1944[1].JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 16
Very nice. I had a SLX frame, investment cast lugs, silver soldered. Whoever says steel is comfortable never rode that bike!

Hoping it will ride as smooth as my Serotta. I'm close to 190 pounds these days.....
Couple of short spins around the block and it is definitely responsive.

Might work well for you, my racing weight back in the day was in the 140's and for me that frame was brutal on our bad roads. Even on smooth circuits if I leaned forward a bit too much coming out of the final corner in a crit the very short and stiff rear end would get airborne on me in the sprint. It was responsive.

Tomorrow I put some spd pedals on it and give it a short ride. Mostly flat, about 4 miles. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I am way out of shape, older, and have had a knee surgery. Haven't ridden to train or race in over a decade. Just having fun.

Took the Philippe out for a 4 mile ride. It was great. Still needs some tweaking, but it will be a keeper. Just feels like it moves.

Cool thread! I’m going to go back and check out some of the members bikes but here’s mine:

I picked up my first road bike back in February when I decided I needed something other than my old 26” mountain bike for occasionally commuting to work and also thinking about doing the BPMS150 next year. I picked up a used bikesdirect Windsor Wellington 4.0 off facebook for cheap. I’ve since replaced everything except the frame, fork, handlebars and headset. I upgraded the entire drivetrain with a Dura Ace 7800 groupset I also picked up off facebook.

Here she is ready for my first century ride attempt last weekend (spoiler alert: I only made it 74 miles)

6_A01_CA81-8582-4143-8_A58-5_FC01_E55196_A.jpg

Around the same time I bought the road bike I was out riding my old mountain bike and stumbled across a beat to hell, missing parts, badly spray painted 29er in a ditch. I came back with my truck and picked it up thinking I’d either rebuild it or scavenge parts since it was a 29er and had disk brakes. Turns out it was a Mongoose XR Pro which is a Walmart bike but actually has quite a few fans and threads where folks have used the frame as a respectable 29er build. I striped the spray paint (leaving the original), cleaned and rebuilt it. Quite a few parts have already been replaced including the rear shock (fox float, not pictured), Ritchie handelbars, stem, extenders (not as popular anymore but I still like them) and others. I have a complete drivetrain ready for it that includes XTR derailleurs, Deore LX brake/shifters & hydro brakes and a few other upgrades but here is what she looks like right now:

561_E3167-_CB99-45_DC-8_D39-786140966_F62.jpg

I am dying to get the new parts installed and take it out on the trails. We have a really good, well maintained set of no-joke trails near by that I’m itching to try for the first time.

Cool thread! I’m going to go back and check out some of the members bikes but here’s mine:

I picked up my first road bike back in February when I decided I needed something other than my old 26” mountain bike for occasionally commuting to work and also thinking about doing the BPMS150 next year. I picked up a used bikesdirect Windsor Wellington 4.0 off facebook for cheap. I’ve since replaced everything except the frame, fork, handlebars and headset. I upgraded the entire drivetrain with a Dura Ace 7800 groupset I also picked up off facebook.

Here she is ready for my first century ride attempt last weekend (spoiler alert: I only made it 74 miles)

6_A01_CA81-8582-4143-8_A58-5_FC01_E55196_A.jpg

Nice build. I have Dura Ace 7700 grupo on my Ti road bike. I love how fast and crisp it shifts.

Nice build. I have Dura Ace 7700 grupo on my Ti road bike. I love how fast and crisp it shifts.

Thanks! Yeah, it is crisp now that I’ve got it all dialed in. I upgraded from a 3x7 Tourney group to the 2x10 DA. At the moment I do miss the granny gear though but I’m hoping that goes away as I get stronger. I thought I was going to miss the silly little downshift trigger in the top side of the Tourney but the new ones are so smooth and the up and down are very easy from the hoods and drops.

Putting this one back together to flip, Japanese Schwinn Le Tour, 25" frame. Still needs tires & bar tape but it is in good overall condition -

OOhZ6p5.jpg

This one went out last fall, Univega Viva Sport. Still had the original bar tape and nearly mint overall -

BbIpHUG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom