Best CONCERT ever seen.

RichTassoni

I've seen a lot, at 59 to this day the very best for me was Britt Floyd, PINK FLOYD tribute band I hope someone seen them Alsome band . ,hey missed Floyd in Millwakee in 77 so this made up for it. It was in a very old beautiful theatre in town and the sound is very good in there.

I would have to say Barbara Streisand concert. Her first one in years....

It was an event. I had to wear a numbered wristband for days from Ticketmaster to signal my place in line when tickets went on sale. Never saw so many limo's for a concert.

Haven't seen a bad one, yet. Best? Mebbe Bela Bartok Concerto for Orchestra, Utah symphony, Maurice Abravanel conducting.
It's hard to choose, Fleetwood Mac, Crosby Stills and Nash, and Mary Chapin Carpenter all brought and delivered the goods. Tina Turner, great! And a shout-out to Buckethead!

Tough call! Certain ones stand out... I began my concert-going career in the mid 80s and then the 90s ... Leontyne Price in Recital at Meyerhoff Hall; Sinatra at Carnegie Hall (I sat on a catwalk way up high over the stage--no one knew); Nina Simone (who actually showed up!) at the Beacon Theater, where I saw many other great performances. Simon Rattle with Berlin Philharmonic at the Kennedy Center. They were so careful and precise.

I've also been to a number of rock concerts but the SQ was unbearable at every one. Best sound at a pop-music concert I can remember was Erasure, also at the Beacon. I credit Vince Clarke who cared about sound. One of the most amazing performances I've ever seen was the Grand Kabuki at Lincoln Center. I still can't believe what I saw that evening.

Chiris Botti, followed by early Doobie Brothers before Michael McDonald, followed by Todd Rundgren before he became famous. That one was in a very small theater (1200). The one artist I always went to see in the 70's was Jimmy Spheeris. Man, my musical tastes have changes through the years.

Jefferson Airplane at the Fillmore East in 1968. Some progessive member of the P.T.A. at our school set up a trip to the concert. I signed up immediately and took my GF.

We were waiting to leave in front of the high school and a yellow school bus pulls up. You gotta be kidding! We arrived in front of the Fillmore and all these freaks and hippies came over to the bus. "Wow, man. A class trip! Hey, kiddies!"

Needless to say, it was a pretty embarrassing situation. The concert was my first and I can't even describe how it affected my life. A truly mind altering experience. (There was so much dope, I think I got high from second hand smoke).

Last edited:
I would have to say Barbara Streisand concert. Her first one in years....

It was an event. I had to wear a numbered wristband for days from Ticketmaster to signal my place in line when tickets went on sale. Never saw so many limo's for a concert.
She can sing.

Would have liked to have seen him .
Gabriel's not dead yet - there is still time!
Saw his first solo tour in Bal'mer, and had lawn seats at Merriweather Post for the 4th album ...

I'm envious you saw Jimmi Spheeris - got a couple of his albums (and CD reissues of Isle of View and Tap Dancing Kid)
from my college days - and no one I know since then even knows who he was.

This exercise us just impossible for me. I started attending concerts in '79 and have gone to dozens per year ever since. There us such a variety of different yet amazing experiences I can't pick a best ever.

That first show in '79 seeing the Eagles Hotel California tour with all original line up was pretty unforgettable. I was 15 years old and my friend's dad took us.

George Thorogood in '82. He played 3 hours straight and ran the entire venue on the armchairs while playing.

Tedeschi Trucks a couple years ago in State College PA. Second row. They were deep in the groove that night.

Band of Heathens last year at Ramshead Onstage. Front row table. My wife had to work late so I went solo.

Al DiMeola 2 weeks ago. He was passing through town and booked a last minute filler acoustic show at a small local venue. There were about 200 people there max. We sat in large cushioned chairs to watch the show. Second row. Probably 60% musicians in the audience and most knew each other or the same people. Just an incredible experience.

Last edited:
^ Isle Of View is sort of a lost masterpiece ^
agreed!!

my 'best' in recent memory would be Kraftwerk in Kansas City, October 2015 and again in Dallas, September 2016- no way to communicate the power and mastery and total integration of artistic experience. on the other hand, i saw Hendrix in Hawaii August 1, 1970, and the Doors in 68 in Dallas and again in December 1970, about 10 rows center from the stage

Most likely Yes in '77 (GFTO tour) in Indianapolis made the biggest impact on me. The best sounding/most enjoyable concert was Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited 2 in 2013. Simply incredible.

Metallica / Queensryche - Mar 18, 1989, Onondaga War Memorial Auditorium, Syracuse, NY. It was a long night of loud tunes and banging heads - my ears rang for days.

QUEENSRYCHE SET LIST:

1. QUEEN OF THE REICH
2. ANARCHY-X
3. REVOLUTION CALLING
4. OPERATION: MINDCRIME
5. SPEAK
6. SPREADING THE DISEASE
7. TAKE HOLD OF THE FLAME
8. THE NEEDLE LIES
9. CHEMICAL YOUTH (WE ARE REBELLION)
10. EYES OF A STRANGER

METALLICA SET LIST: