Nightwisher's Systems In "Luxman's Room" And Beyond: Some New And Lots of Vintage

Some updates:

Got the Philips PHL 2931 speakers refoamed and ready to sell. They sound surprisingly nice. I like the tweeter and the amount of padding on the inside of the cabinets.

20180205_185650.jpg

I struck more gold on Friday. Found a single KLH Model Six in excellent condition (first picture), a pair of nice condition Dyanco A25s with 1 original woofer and 1 not original woofer (second picture), and another pair of Cerwin-Vega D3s to repair and sell (not pictured). All have grilles and logos. These all came from the same thrift store, which was having a moving sale - it took 3 filled carts to get these out.

20180202_173712.jpg 20180202_175029.jpg

Last edited:
I'm currently running these KLH Model Sixes in my dining room (yes it's a mess I know; got lots of speakers for sale or repair). This is a new pair I picked up, so the loner is still a loner. These are listed in BarterTown, along with some others.

I like these better than the Advents I've owned, but between these, the Advents, Dynaco A25s, and Audioanalysts, I like the A25s the most, hence why these are listed (can't keep them all). My KLH curiosity is satisfied - they do sound nice like people say.

20180218_195719.jpg

I'm currently running these KLH Model Sixes in my dining room (yes it's a mess I know; got lots of speakers for sale or repair). This is a new pair I picked up, so the loner is still a loner. These are listed in BarterTown, along with some others.

I like these better than the Advents I've owned, but between these, the Advents, Dynaco A25s, and Audioanalysts, I like the A25s the most, hence why these are listed (can't keep them all). My KLH curiosity is satisfied - they do sound nice like people say.

View attachment 1118269
Hey Night did you get some Luxman gear?

Hey Night did you get some Luxman gear?
Yes. I've had the C-02 / T-02 combo running in my main system for over a year now. I love them. My DZ-92 CD player has cycled through a few systems, but is now in the dining room system with the KLHs.

A few new additions. I got 2 junior models of speakers I love and a higher model of a receiver I used to have.

Polk Monitor 7C. Nice condition but unfortunately the tweeters don't work. Luckily I have some SL2000s lying around.

20180316_220916.jpg

KLH Model Fifteen Speakers and Kenwood KR-V8020. The KLHs have that sweet sound similar to their bigger brothers. The Kenwood will run as a test amp for now. I was just thinking the other day I missed my KR-V6070 - those early 90s Kenwoods sound surprisingly nice.

20180316_215913.jpg

Hopefully I'll have some guys come look at some of the speakers I have listed soon. Got some interest so far. Gotta make space for these guys :D

Last edited:
A couple new additions:

Polk Monitor 7C. Nice condition but unfortunately the tweeters don't work.

View attachment 1139298

KLH Model Fifteen Speakers and Kenwood KR-V8020. The KLHs have that sweet sound similar to their bigger brothers. The Kenwood will run as a test amp for now. I was just thinking the other day I missed my KR-V6070 - those early 90s Kenwoods sound surprisingly nice.

View attachment 1139296

Hopefully I'll have some guys come look at some of the speakers I have listed soon. Got some interest so far.
I have a set of Polk 7b's / black Peerless tweeters, I like them they sound good.

I added a new CD Player to the main system: a Rotel RDV-1045. I painted this as well to match my other gear a bit better. I wanted something that was a little flashier looking and more solidly built than the JVC I was using (I still love the JVC, especially for the digital out). Also my grandfather had a Rotel CD player in his system, so I've wanted one for a while. I've got a lot of new discs to spin, so this helps make it more exciting :)

20180321_185019.jpg

Have you hooked up the MiniDSP yet? If so, how do you like it?
I've been considering getting some DSP help for my system, but haven't settled on anything yet.

Have you hooked up the MiniDSP yet? If so, how do you like it?
I've been considering getting some DSP help for my system, but haven't settled on anything yet.
I love it. I think the HD sounds better than the original. I'm still trying to fully figure out Room EQ Wizard, but I'm making progress.

I've had a MiniDSP in the main system for a few years now and I highly recommend them. Lots more flexibility and a lot less noise than the analog EQs I've used.

Back
Top Bottom