Today's Irish/Scottish/English folk playlist

Not long ago I picked up the album "Live at Last" by Steeleye Span. I did my usual routine of cleaning it. When I got around to playing the album, I'm thinking it's not bad . I played side one and was playing side two, and the last track of side two, "Rag Doll" plays. Wow! About fell outa my chair. Love it.

If you like esoteric Steeleye Span songs check out their version of "To Know Him Is To Love Him" with David Bowie playing Sax.

Mine has a warp in it but still plays.

Fantastic! I can live with warps if they play. Probably we all can. I sure would love to find this one on vinyl. The guitars are fairly quiet on the Green Linnet CD reissue. Of the three studios this one is my favorite, but I love them all. No complaints however. I'm lucky to have The First, and After Hours vinyl.

S.J.

Last edited:
Fantastic! I can live with warps if they play. Probably we all can. I sure would love to find this one on vinyl. The guitars are fairly quiet on the Green Linnet CD reissue. Of the three studios this one is my favorite, but I love them all. No complaints however. I'm glad to have The First, and After Hours vinyl.

S.J.
Youve been posting albums close to my heart SJ,both here and on the other thread:)

Youve been posting albums close to my heart SJ,both here and on the other thread:)

I appreciate your sentiments. My heart too. I can't remember the last time I played Live In Dublin, and Damn!!! It's such a good live set. Christy's voice is, for lack of a better word, perfect (it's early). This is the Tara release and it's very well mic'ed.

S.J.

Last edited:
This is the album where I discovered June Tabor. I stated buying her albums.

Is that Bourbon with a Guinness back?

Silly Sisters' No More to the Dance is where I first heard June, and Maddy for that matter. Found the CD at the library. I remember adding The Old Miner onto a mini disc. Didn't delve into Steeleye Span because I was so into the Traditional Irish at the time but that's about to change. My record store has one Steeleye Span's Original Masters two record set.

12 year single malt Glenlivet with a Guinness chaser: a match made in heaven.

S.J.

Last edited:
The venue was Polyfolk, the folk club of Central London Polytechnic. Great show.

1,000 thanks! I *hate* having to live w/ such noise as "Unknown Venue" @ my acrchives. I'll amend this immediately.

PS: you wouldn't also happen to know the exact date of her performance in February 1971?

1,000 thanks! I *hate* having to live w/ such noise as "Unknown Venue" @ my acrchives. I'll amend this immediately.

PS: you wouldn't also happen to know the exact date of her performance in February 1971?

Late February is what, evidently, was on the tape box found for the gig. Have yet to see an exact date.

Back
Top Bottom