Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

So the phono load knob fell off of my C-2x (it really works and I tweak it constantly...) so I decided to put the C-4 in it's place to see how it gets along with the B-2x.

0326181745.jpg

While it doesn't have the bass control/slam of the C-2x, the top end control is quite nice and I think its default load impedance may work better with the MC-1x cart than the C-2x does. I really love how the C-4 handles vocals, it's a sweet sound.

Liked the warmth of the C-4 but the muddiness in the low end had me missing the C-2x...but before I restore it to its rightful throne, I decided to swap in my CX-1.
0327182105.jpg

I think the bass is still deeper with the C-2x but the CX-1 has a near equivalent punch and similarly strong image with superb top end clarity that borders on clinical. The interesting thing about the C-4 was how it seemed to give an added level of analog to CD's and the sound of guitars ringing out was so warm and natural. But the overall presentation was just not as clean as the C-2x or CX-1 so it makes me think it's overdue for a strategic recap. It also makes me wonder if it partially comes down to chassis bracing for which the C-4 would also fall short by comparison.

Was that positioned just for the photo or do you really have your speakers so close together?

Unfortunately I don't have too much room to work with so that is indeed where they stand. I am subject to the WAFF (wife approval and functionality factor). At moderate volume it sounds quite good but no doubt spreading them out would allow for higher levels and far better imaging.

I snapped some quick pics of my CR-1020 as I'm listing it for sale, trying to buy a CA-1010.
The receiver is in untouched, original condition.
Next to it is a YP-D6 that is about to undergo a full restoration, as well as the NS-200M speakers. The amp on the floor is a P-2200.
Happy Easter everybody!

Time to brag with the fully restored CA-2000 (Japanese 100V CA-2010) :D

Since today paired with a matching CT-1000 (Japanese CT-1010) to match the beautiful yellow wood veneer of the CA-2000. The CT-1000 has the internals of a European donor CT-1010 because the Japanese FM band is different. So now it has the common FM band and is 220V.

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

Back
Top Bottom