New Tekton Double Impacts..WOW

Jbl Joe

Just took delivery of Tekton Double Impact speakers. Heard them at CES last year and pulled the string this week. These being the only speakers other than Altec or JBL Monitors (I worked for JBL for 25 years outfitting recording studios) .All l can say is WOW!! These $3,000 speakers are a revelation . Very articulate open with almost endless bottom. I highly recommend giving them a listen

i have seen that those are supposed to be pretty darn good. Congrats.
I have them in the same room as my JBL 4435's right now but they are going to be moved into my 3rd of 3 listening rooms. I have heard their entire line and there is not a stinker in the bunch.

Just took delivery of Tekton Double Impact speakers. Heard them at CES last year and pulled the string this week. These being the only speakers other than Altec or JBL Monitors (I worked for JBL for 25 years outfitting recording studios) .All l can say is WOW!! These $3,000 speakers are a revelation . Very articulate open with almost endless bottom. I highly recommend giving them a listen

Sorry, I don’t know what I’m doing.
Any update on your impressions of the DI’s?
They're simply amazing ! For the price there is nothing that comes close if you like big sounding dynamic speakers. Planar guys might like the Eminent Tech speakers for $2500

How good is the bottom end? These really appeal to me. I listen to a lot of metal and have recordings with bass around 27Hz. Right now all I've got are a pair of Mach Ones which to me seem fairly respectable in bottom end. The Double Impact is the front-runner for when I eventually upgrade my speakers (which will probably be years from now).

I have them in the same room as my JBL 4435's right now but they are going to be moved into my 3rd of 3 listening rooms. I have heard their entire line and there is not a stinker in the bunch.

OK, the obvious question is how do they come to the 4435s??? :naughty:

How good is the bottom end? These really appeal to me. I listen to a lot of metal and have recordings with bass around 27Hz. Right now all I've got are a pair of Mach Ones which to me seem fairly respectable in bottom end. The Double Impact is the front-runner for when I eventually upgrade my speakers (which will probably be years from now).
Let me just say that Deep Purle Made Japan never sounded better

OK, the obvious question is how do they come to the 4435s??? :naughty:
Different presentation. They take up less floor space than my massive 4435 or 4450's. The Tektons are very fast and agile thru the mids and treble....very authoritative on the bottom. Can't think of any speaker under 10k that competes.
Maybe the Volti Rival buts its more than double the cost

I have heard that these might not have the best wide dispersion characteristics due to the layout of the tweeters, so they have a smaller sweet spot. Do you find this to be true?

I have heard that these might not have the best wide dispersion characteristics due to the layout of the tweeters, so they have a smaller sweet spot. Do you find this to be true?
Not at all!! They have quite remarkable high frequency dispersion .l cannot say enough good things about Tekton loudspeakers. At every price point they are extremely hard too top.

I heard these sound very good with real music, and not just the usual jazzy stuff with no balls used to demo insanely priced speakers at the shows. Play Zeppelin or something like that through $30,000+ "audiophile" speakers and it usually sounds like $hit. You know...the kind of speakers the gray haired idiots drool over at Stereophile.

Man do I hate the word Audiophile. The definition lookup of this word should have a creepy old man wearing $20,000 headphones with his finger up Michael Fremer's bunghole.

I heard these sound very good with real music, and not just the usual jazzy stuff with no balls used to demo insanely priced speakers at the shows. Play Zeppelin or something like that through $30,000+ "audiophile" speakers and it usually sounds like $hit. You know...the kind of speakers the gray haired idiots drool over at Stereophile.

Man do I hate the word Audiophile. The definition lookup of this word should have a creepy old man wearing $20,000 headphones with his finger up Michael Fremer's bunghole.
Just for the record, it's usually not the $30,000 speakers that are sounding like $hit.

Back
Top Bottom