When AK members - friends - silently disappear

I love this thread -- I nearly edit every thread that I write. I may be asked to find somewhere else to edit.

Still -- if I drop off, please don't contact my next of kin.

Unless you think you could help them move my stereo equipment -- I am sure they will sell it at a fraction of my time and thought

Last edited:
personally for me? a lot of times i go "ghost" as the teens call it. really has nothing to do w ak, having severe depression, an ptsd and what this world has come to. puts me where i really dont care about anything.
an i withdraw deeply inside myself. but il always pop back in. an see whos new, whats new, an who's razzing or poking who lol

Just wondering - has anyone heard from @Jcricket lately? He was one of the more welcoming folks when I first joined -
and when I looked him up yesterday, seemed he hadn't been on since early March ...

Such a good guy and zero attitude . He was always so folksy . I miss him .

A lot of us miss Unca Sandy.

But I fear that - after his short comeback last year, and since I know him very well for many years - he will not return again.

Last edited:
Just a shout out that I'll be gone next week on a visit to our nation's capitol to see our son. His girlfriend is graduating from medical school and they'll be moving to St. Louis for her residency. He has already found a job in a hospital out there that's close to her program.

My son was my flea market buddy when he was growing up, so he told me he's already scoped out all the thrifts in the area and we're going to spend part of a day crate digging. I'm guessing I'll mail anything back to NH that I find rather than try to drag it home on the plane. I'll be around but not very often.

Just wondering - has anyone heard from @Jcricket lately? He was one of the more welcoming folks when I first joined - and when I looked him up yesterday, seemed he hadn't been on since early March ...

Got a PM from him yesterday. He's had some health issues and is pretty limited with "energy or time" to do much.
Says he's got an awesome family with great support, so he's changed how he is living but not to worry - he's doing well. Also said he's got a nice Yamaha system that sounds real good :)

Last edited:
Just a shout out that I'll be gone next week on a visit to our nation's capitol to see our son. His girlfriend is graduating from medical school and they'll be moving to St. Louis for her residency. He has already found a job in a hospital out there that's close to her program.

My son was my flea market buddy when he was growing up, so he told me he's already scoped out all the thrifts in the area and we're going to spend part of a day crate digging. I'm guessing I'll mail anything back to NH that I find rather than try to drag it home on the plane. I'll be around but not very often.
Good to hear, Bob. Thanks for keeping us apprised -- you know how we worry. Hope you have a great time and best to the family.

St. Louis area now has a "Half Price Books" store! Your son will really like that, Bob! You raised him well! :thumbsup:

https://www.hpb.com/123

Back
Top Bottom