What's your latest audio purchase?

Biamped L980s come close but the LV1020 was pretty special. My boss had a set, heard them many times. Amazing sound considering when they were built.
I wish I had bought them way back when. I was putting together my first good system and was uncomfortable with them being so unique. I opted for B&O M70s which I still enjoy, especially on tubes. I heard my B&Os side by side with LBpetes’s Tri-amps and like you said they are pretty special.

Two days in a row, a Luxman RC-501 remote sensor for my TP-117 and a Marantz SQA-2B for my 4270. Two hard to find (for a reasonable price at least) parts that I was actively looking for showed up on the 'bay at the same time...

Latest find - a Yamaha CA-1010 at Value Village for less than $20. One of my best scores of all time, and a keeper for sure. Prior to that, I found a pair of B+W 602 Series 3 for even less.
I also found one for $20.I really liked it but I couldn't get it repaired right.After a few attempts I sold it.Hope you have better luck.

Fresh woofers for my speakers. One original woofer was clicking a bit when the cone was pressed in a bit so I figured I’d get new ones while they were still available.

25409054-2899-4EF6-9FA3-1D75ED07015D.jpeg

Fresh woofers for my speakers. One original woofer was clicking a bit when the cone was pressed in a bit so I figured I’d get new ones while they were still available.

Are those an exact replacement or something after market? What are they going in?

IMG_7316.JPG Picked up this little beauty this morning at the market along with a Pioneer PL9 turntable.
Both working but the Sansui has some damage to the top cover where it looks like a heavy units feet have cracked the vent slats

Mirage M3-SI...for my brother. He's setting up a 5.1 surround with Mirage and Emotiva. I think he'll be happy he went that route vs a home theater in a box (Bose Lifestyle, etc)!

DCM QED speakers, $8. For the pair. With original boxes. Local yard sale, they were still there at noon, and I haggled from $10 down to $8. She just wanted them gone. Said they cost her a ton "back in the day" and that they still worked. All the foam was gone, the tops and bottoms were painted poorly, and they looked sad. BUT, they sound great! Tweeters and woofers are working well. Which is good, because they're REALLY sealed with no access to the internals, save for glued-in woofers. And that looks to be a nightmare. Anyhow, I sanded the tops and bottoms, only to find the edge banding is paper with a wood print on it. So I ordered some walnut edge banding from amazon and ironed it on. Sanded and stained and they look very passable now. Not perfect, but I wanted to preserve the original veneer rather than just re-do it. Waiting on my foam grill cloth to arrive and then they'll look snazzy. Going to put them head-to-head with my Vandersteen 1Bs, and see which I like better. Also going to make some Vandersteen-style stands for the QED speakers, and see if that hurts or helps. (I have a welder and some spare time)

Charles.

Douk Audio / Nobsound HiFi 6J1 preamp. Selling for $45 on Amazon with free shipping. Paid $39.89 after using the remaining "points" from a credit card. Tried it out today. Not bad. I see no reason not to pick one of these up since they are so inexpensive......DSCF7502.JPG

Douk Audio / Nobsound HiFi 6J1 preamp. Selling for $45 on Amazon with free shipping. Paid $39.89 after using the remaining "points" from a credit card. Tried it out today. Not bad. I see no reason not to pick one of these up since they are so inexpensive......View attachment 1148085

I've got one, cool little unit. I use it to give my laptop signal a boost into a Topping TP60.

I picked up a decent pair of Bose 901 Series III with EQ and chrome stands for $100 on Saturday.

index.php

Back
Top Bottom