Show Me Your Sansui!

Bought this Sansui FR-3060 turntable a couple days ago locally. Works and sounds great but the tonearm auto start function doesn't work. Not a huge issue, but I'd like to eventually figure out how to fix it. Right now I have an AT11E cartridge on it, might want to replace it soon, dunno. If anyone has any tips for me about this table, please let me know. Thanks.
IMG_20180313_214934197.jpg

Bought this Sansui FR-3060 turntable a couple days ago locally. Works and sounds great but the tonearm auto start function doesn't work. Not a huge issue, but I'd like to eventually figure out how to fix it. Right now I have an AT11E cartridge on it, might want to replace it soon, dunno. If anyone has any tips for me about this table, please let me know. Thanks.
View attachment 1137371
Mine exhibited almost the same behavior. It had been unused for many years. The belt had disintegrated completely, and some of the remnants of it were clogging the mechanism. The real fix was oiling the table. The operation is very smooth and accurate now. Just take off the platter, and you will see two plastic tubes that are for oiling the unit. I used Three-in-One household oil. Maybe 3-4 drops, then run it for a bit.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm glad to hear from someone else that has this turntable. What cartridge/stylus are you using in it? I did put a few drops of oil in those tubes last night. But I'm not sure if the tubes are clogged or not. I had the whole thing apart because I had to replace the RCA cable and power cable. I wish I'd gone a step further and dug into the mechanism that controls the tonearm cueing. But I'd just be shooting in the dark anyway :). Thanks for the reply.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear from someone else that has this turntable. What cartridge/stylus are you using in it? I did put a few drops of oil in those tubes last night. But I'm not sure if the tubes are clogged or not. I had the whole thing apart because I had to replace the RCA cable and power cable. I wish I'd gone a step further and dug into the mechanism that controls the tonearm cueing. But I'd just be shooting in the dark anyway :). Thanks for the reply.
I am running the original Sansui cartridge and stylus. I looked at it under magnification, and it didn’t seem to be worn at all. Sounds great too. Thankfully, I didn’t have any of the issues with RCA cables, etc. Best of luck with your table. Good find! I really like mine.52CAAC25-B117-4173-96CB-62C30AF9EFD1.jpeg

At last I found them and bought them
BA 3000
CA 3000
TU 9900
TU 7700
SR 5090
SC 5110
SC 3110
SDV 550r cd player
SS20
plus two vintage sansui record cleaners unboxed
I will give them for restoration

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 54
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 54
A little bit of the old and new playing here in the bedroom system today. G-4500 100$, 20$ Sony CD player , Monitor audio BX1 used 140$. Great sounding you don’t have to spend much to get great sound. Maybe downsize to something like this in the future still looking for a G-8000 one day I’m in love with that receiver for some reason.

EF2A7D31-E578-42B9-8494-B839E5E08867.jpeg 0FB328CA-48DD-4A31-9181-C46F57E423C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally finished my Sansui rack system yesterday, took over ten years to find all the components.Top to bottom PL-71 turntable, TU-717, AU-919, SE-7, SC3110 in a GX-5 rack playing through HPM 100's (although I do have a set of mint Yamaha NS590's inbound in the next couple of weeks). Every piece functions flawlessly after many hours of rework (black flag caps, belts etc etc). Special shout out to RMacy for having a set of those impossible to find 10cm rack handles for the SE-7 which completed the puzzle, thank you sir :)
-Lee
m_gx5done.jpg

My setup:
Oppo BD-105BD, Wharfedale Diamond 8.4, Rega Planar 1, Sansui AU-999 (modded like there was no tomorrow)

9V52A4.jpg

Sansui AU717 needs 2SA750 & 2SC1400
Looking for a source of these parts.
Hello John,
Wonderful pair of amplifier and tuner.
For the 2sC1400 you may use the KSC1845 and for the 2SA750 you may use the KSA992. The old parts not only are hard to find but also you may get fakes. Please be aware of this.
Jose

Sansui 3000A 3-10-18.jpg I picked up this honey at the AK Frankenfest a few weeks ago...needs new screws for the speaker terminals (just bought terminal blocks on eBay, thanks Tinkeroo!) and while the dial string is not broken, it slips...so some attention needed there. Received both customer and service manuals as well.

LOL! See posts 2216 and 2217

Last edited:
They paired nicely with the 1000x and FR-3060.
That is a great looking set. For my money the 1000x was a real design highpoint among the Sansui receivers of that era--something really satisfying about its layout, mix of knobs and switches, etc. Can sound quite good too! Again, great set

Great Sansui room MistaChen. Bet that CA/BA combo into the JBL's is incredible.
Makes my AU9900pre/BA2000 into JBL 4311's look like a shelf system lol.
-Lee

Great Sansui room MistaChen. Bet that CA/BA combo into the JBL's is incredible.

Thanks, It's a pretty crazy system. Sounds as great at late night low volume listening as it does with a Friday night "feel it in your chest" rock out.

is that an Empire 598 TT?

Good eye! It's an Empire 598 III with a 4000D III cartridge feeding into a Musical Surroundings Phonomena II phono pre.

My System. Purchased the Sansui and the HPM's when I was stationed overseas...
Pioneer Timer / Clock --- DT-550
Sansui Receiver --- G-871DB
Dual Turntable ---- CS-5000
Yamaha CD Player ---- CDC-697
Denon Cassette Deck ---- DRM-740
Toshiba DVD Player --- SD-6100KU
Pioneer Speakers --- HPM-100 / 200 Watt
Stereo Cabinet --- Hand built by me

Attachments

• stereo 1.jpg
    stereo 1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 67