2017-18 NCAA Basketball

One of the better games of the tournament season ... toe to toe, right to the end it was!

DIVISION II NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

ferris.jpg

And Michigan is on it's way to San Antonio!

Who are we playing?

Who?? Who are they??

:D

One of the better games of the tournament season ... toe to toe, right to the end it was!

DIVISION II NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

ferris.jpg

And Michigan is on it's way to San Antonio!

Who are we playing?

Who?? Who are they??

:D

N4TFk-1521794184-460-blog-Screen%20Shot%202018-03-23%20at%203.36.06%20AM.png

My daughter is an alum...:banana::banana::banana:

The Duke/Kansas game was a good time. Watching Allen's last shot during regulation roll around the rim must have been torture in Durham. Sometimes you get exactly what you want (experienced senior with the last shot) and it just doesn't work out. Too bad KU has to play 'Nova. That should really be the final.

The Duke/Kansas game was a good time. Watching Allen's last shot during regulation roll around the rim must have been torture in Durham.

Yup - ball did everything but fall thru the net ...

Excellent game between a one and two seeds that lived up to expectations. What were there ... something like about a hunnerd lead changes? <G>

question is if Loyola wins it all who will boost her up to the net with a pair of scissors?

Question is moot, as there;s no way they're getting by the Wolverines ...

(Which I suppose is exactly what the rest of their opponents have thought up to now)

That said, if they DO win the title, I imagine the Ascension of Sister Jean will be talked about forever ... she might even get her own holy day out of the deal!

Last edited:
Duke had numerous missed shots late in the game. Of course, Grayson Allen's was the most fun :D

Congrats to the Final Four as each earned their right to be there :thumbsup:

Roger

Michigan ... one small step, as they say. All hail Mighty Moe for having the best game of his career tonite.

usatsi-10752445-livers-wagner-michigan-ncaa-4.jpg

(Hope he saved something for the BIG ONE.)

Kudos to Loyola though - had a lot of Wolverine fans biting their nails for a good bit of the game they did. Pretty sure all their fans heard the tolling of the bell when they saw Sister Jean leaving courtside a couple minutes before the end of the game though.

PS - last I looked, Villanova was stomping the crap out of Kansas (19-4?? ... make that 22-4 ... owch!), but it's still early.

(Kansas ran into a buzz saw, din't they?)

Last edited:
Interesting to hear sports talking heads commenting that KU vs Villanova was "real" match up for the Final Four and that Loyola vs Michigan were also rans. Nova may have nullified those suggestions. KU is a good team but Nova crushed them. Guess the Monday game will reveal all :)

Meanwhile, the Tar Heels are still NCAA Champs for two more days :beerchug:

Roger

So they show bunches of the preliminary games on broadcast tv, but not the final four or last game?

Sorry - I've lost all interest. Back to baseball.

When (if) Villanova prevails tomorrow I will win the office pool. If not, nd place.

Hmmm, for whom should I root?
My Godson is a Villanova grad.
My daughter is a Michigan grad.
MICHIGAN!

Just watched the women's final. Game tied with 3 seconds, Notre Dame inbounds, three pointer from the perimeter sinks leaving .1 on the clock.

Done deal.

Nova played a fantastic game tonight and looked like a National Champion. I will be surprised if Michigan can beat them or even make it close.

Betcha that's the same thing the last 14 teams they've faced thought ... ;-}

They've certainly got their work cut out for them though ... let's hope it doesn't come down to making foul shots at the end in a close one ...

Fun stat - Villanova lives on the three pointer - they sank 18 of them against Kansas alone ... while Michigan has held ALL five of their tournament opponents to a grand total of 18 made. Should make things interesting ...

:lurk:

Just watched the women's final. Game tied with 3 seconds, Notre Dame inbounds, three pointer from the perimeter sinks leaving .1 on the clock.

Done deal.

Caught the end of that game . . . WOW!
Of course, I wanted Mississippi State to win since it would have been their first national title in any sport :p

So far the women's games have been more exciting than the men's. Would have liked for MSU to win the NC. They're our biggest rivals in WBB but SEC fans generally pull for their conference members when playing outsiders.

SEC.SEC,SEC

Back
Top Bottom