Today's freak out! Psychedelic rock tunes.

After Bathing At Baxter's - Jefferson Airplane
3S/3S.
GHSfezY.jpg

May Blitz
May Blitz
(Vertigo UK, 1970)

* Sure, this outfit was mainly PROG but they also included several "PSYCH move" @ this LP
** The band's sophmore release, entitled Second Of May, went DEEP into PROG territoire and bever returned...

Easter did put me in the mood for some Xian Psych. This is from 1980. The Living Sacrifice Band. I am a big fan of this album. Vinyl can go over $100.00 and as far as I know, there is no CD of it. Superb female vocals, tight band and a flute right out of Jethro Tull. It leans more towards prog rock, but psychedelia raises it's head on occasion, too. I decided to post the whole album for your enjoyment. I found a copy of this a few years ago at SA and bought it for the title. The cover photo would never lead you to expect what's inside. Nice write up in The Archivist Jesus Music Guide and Acid Archives I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
Funny story. I was in my college dorm room one night and I had the radio on as I fell asleep. Lothar and the Hand People's Space Hymn came on. I was slowly being carried away into space, completely absorbed in the music when someone started pounding on my door. I almost fell out of bed . I laughed about it later.

Back
Top Bottom