Yamaha CA-1010

Nukedstereo

Just about to start a Yamaha CA-1010 Re-Cap/Rebuild. It used to work than a channel died so I figured time for a rebuild. Seems like quite a few post on here about re-capping the amp, however I would like some feed back on things that need to be done while Ive got it apart ie replacing troublesome IC's changing tants and the VD1212. Does anyone have a complete list of the parts they used? Any help would be great thanks

I figured cause I was in there I might as well change the trouble some parts and update it abit...I was hoping to have the parts to replace as I go...

What avionic is probably hitting at is that you add many more variables in the equation for solving the initial problem, which might complicate things a lot.
That's why experienced technicians first like to allocate the problem, then do other things.
For sure you may hit your problem while attacking a rebuild instantly..... but it's just advice....

Yes I will still be doing troubleshooting I have the service manuals and the schematics. My plan was to look for the issue and replace the faulty part test and replace old tired parts. Just trying to have everything prepared and organised prior to starting. And I appreciate all the advice I can get;). Best to learn from the pros.

If a channel died and the other channel is still producing sound. Clean(deoxit) your controls and switches. Don't overlook the coupler switch on the rear panel. Could also be a fouled protect relay contact. The relay on the bottom PS board is the protect relay. Give it some gentle taps on the plastic case see if the missing channel comes back to life intermittently.

So I tapped the protect relay and boom it came back to life...took some measurements on the power supply to the amp all the values look ok only out about 2volts the volume control and speaker control pot are dirty very cracky when increasing or decreasing volume. I guess I will remove the volume control from the amp and clean the pots of thoroughly...I have several contact cleaners but no deoxit...Is that the cleaner that is recommended? Now on to the re-cap and replacement of parts after the cleaning. Thanks Avionic

Thanks Avionic! Im just getting into the rejuvenation of great sounding equipment, been a while since Ive seen component electronics over 14yrs now. Nice to get some help.

If you know the basics. It just takes practical hands on.

Back
Top Bottom