Infinity Infinitesimal 0.2 Amplifier How much Power

InfinityGold

Hello Infinity Guru’s, I just bought a Very Clean pair of Infinity Infinitesimal 0.2s. I have been looking for a Nice Clean pair for a long time. I was wondering how much Power is to much for them ?
I own a Carver TFM-15 Specs are below. Do you think 140 watts a Channel into 4 Ohms. Is to much or just Right. Is this Carver a good match for the Infinity Infinitesimals. Please let me know what you think. How much Power do you have going to them ? What Amp & Power do you have that works Great ?
I will post pictures of them and the Amp when I get the speakers. Thank you for the help !!!

Carver TFM-15 Spec
8-ohm FTC rated power/ch 100W
4-ohm FTC rated power/ch 140W
2-ohm dynamic power/ch 200W
Bridged mono power 300W
4/8-ohm FTC rated THD 0.1%
Input Impedance (Line) 30K ohms
Input Sensitivity 0.7V
Gain 32 dB
Rated full power bandwidth 20 - 20kHz
S/N-IHF A-Weighted,dB > 110 dB
Power Consumption 300 W
Dynamic Headroom 1.1 dB

Last edited:
I think that will be a wonderful setup. I’ve had mine run nicely on as little as a 20watt onkyo receiver with no trouble. Also run them on a speaker switch in another room with my Mac gear.

Have u guys every driven the early infinitesimals with a modern high-efficiency amp? I use my pair with a Aiwa Mini Amplifier but was thinking of getting a Denon PMA-50 for its upgraded abilities (digital audio so I can hook it up to my TV, bluetooth, etc.). Is anyone doing such a heretical thing? Would love ur guys opinions.

I use my Infinitesimal 0.3s as front speakers in a home theater setup with a Yamaha RX-A1070. They work fine. And since they are rolled off at 80hz to the subwoofer, they are safer in this setup than they would be in a normal stereo system.

Last edited:
Used a Carver TFM-25 to power my Infinity Modulus for many yrs, same tweeter, great combination. I've also owned four TFM-15cb amps but only used them for center channel bridged or rear channel duty, for which they excelled. Nice amp and speakers, should sound nice.

Speaking of the Modulus, I see a pair on eBay for ridiculous money if anyone's interested. If I hadn't just purchased five pair of Jamo C103's in the past few weeks, and a pair of AR58s I would be all over these. I've owned my pair from new in 1991, have always wanted a second pair, kind of kicking myself right now.

Speaking of the Modulus, I see a pair on eBay for ridiculous money if anyone's interested. If I hadn't just purchased five pair of Jamo C103's in the past few weeks, and a pair of AR58s I would be all over these. I've owned my pair from new in 1991, have always wanted a second pair, kind of kicking myself right now.

I just bought them. I’m interested in comparing them to my Infinitesimal 0.3s

I just bought them. I’m interested in comparing them to my Infinitesimal 0.3s
The Modulus? If so you're going to like what you hear, 27 yrs and mine are going nowhere soon.

Just checked I see they're gone so I guess the answer is yes. The matching sub and stands really are part of the package if wanting to hear their full capabilities.

The Modulus? If so you're going to like what you hear, 27 yrs and mine are going nowhere soon.
Yes, the pair of Modulus satellites. They seem a bit pricey unmoored as they are from the sub woofer and electronic crossover, but it looks like they can be resold if I get tired of them.

Yes, the pair of Modulus satellites. They seem a bit pricey unmoored as they are from the sub woofer and electronic crossover, but it looks like they can be resold if I get tired of them.
They originally sold for $1000 as is, stands $300, sub with external control unit $2000, in 1991 dollars, Arnie's statement sub/monitor piece, it's really something special. The speakers alone are still special, very holographic if set up correctly, just no deep bass. They do like having lots of power on tap, my McIntosh MC-2002 was pure magic when they were together.

Used a Carver TFM-25 to power my Infinity Modulus for many yrs, same tweeter, great combination. I've also owned four TFM-15cb amps but only used them for center channel bridged or rear channel duty, for which they excelled. Nice amp and speakers, should sound nice.

One of these days, I need to get my 0.3's up and running again. They were being used for a video system, and were knocked off their stands. All 4 plastic endcaps were broken, and the mesh grills crushed! The cabinet and drivers are fine. They're just cosmetically challenged.

Also, do you have the AR58S speakers yet? Any listening impressions? Yea or nea?

All 4 plastic endcaps were broken, and the mesh grills crushed! The cabinet and drivers are fine. They're just cosmetically challenged.
The plastic bits on the 0.3s were painted gloss black anyway. You can just bondo the pieces back together, sand, and repaint with a spray can.

One of these days, I need to get my 0.3's up and running again. They were being used for a video system, and were knocked off their stands. All 4 plastic endcaps were broken, and the mesh grills crushed! The cabinet and drivers are fine. They're just cosmetically challenged.

Also, do you have the AR58S speakers yet? Any listening impressions? Yea or nea?
Picking up the AR's this Saturday.

They originally sold for $1000 as is, stands $300, sub with external control unit $2000, in 1991 dollars, Arnie's statement sub/monitor piece, it's really something special. The speakers alone are still special, very holographic if set up correctly, just no deep bass. They do like having lots of power on tap, my McIntosh MC-2002 was pure magic when they were together.
I’m expecting the Modulus satellites to sound better than my 0.3 Infinitesimals. I’d use them in my home theater 5.1 surround sound system, so they don’t need much bass.

Speaking of the 1990 Modulus, I believe by 1989 Nudell was already producing his Genesis Tech. speakers:dunno:

Arnie left Infinity in June, 1989. I don’t think any Genesis speakers showed up until 1991
I can only guess some if not all of the later Infinitys were not designed by Arnie, except perhaps in spirit.
From Stereophile, From Infinity to Genesis

Harley: How did you and Paul McGowan end up together in 1989 to form Genesis Technologies in Minturn, Colorado, of all places?

Nudell: One of the reasons I left Infinity was that the time I got to spend on design—new materials, drivers, loudspeakers—was so small compared to the rest of my duties. I wasn't doing very much with the thing that really drove me forward, and that was a passion for reproducing music at its finest level.

Harley: You were a loudspeaker designer who wasn't designing loudspeakers.

My two cents here,I've several pairs of the O.2s bought 5 or so years ago, and I love em. A real work of art the little steam punk guys. I'm using 4 on a Yamaha m-85 amp.
paired up with an Infinity ssw-212 Servo sub. You don't have to drive em out of their skin to get people wondering where all the sound is coming from. In short their keepers.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom