Anybody heard of Nesstone tubes?

They sell Mesa brand tubes also. 916 area code. Maybe close to me? Sacramento area.

I just bought a quad of 6L6's from them. Haven't had a chance to try them out. Arrived very quickly. Bill

I just bought a quad of 6L6's from them. Haven't had a chance to try them out. Arrived very quickly. Bill
Did you get the Mesa coke bottle 6l6's? If so let me know how they sound. A matched quad for $36 seems pretty inexpensive.

Yup, that's what I got. Amp build is still in progress (see "Tube power supply question" thread) I'll post what I think of them when build is complete. Bill

Yup, that's what I got. Amp build is still in progress (see "Tube power supply question" thread) I'll post what I think of them when build is complete. Bill
I may get a set. The guitar amp crowd seem to like them. Some debate on whether they are Sovtek's or Chinese though.

I'm going get a quad soon. I've had issues with gold lions and tungsols not lasting more than a year I'm looking for a more affordable option.

I just ordered a matched quad of Sovtek EL84....I will report back as well. They were half the price of anywhere else, so I'm skeptical. Worth the gamble, IMO.

I ordered 4 Sovtek EL84's and 5 Nesstone 12ax7's for the preamp and they make my Master Channel 6601 sound great. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again from them. Fast shipping too.

I'm glad to report the Sovtek matched quad I ordered showed up. They look very sharp and are stamped with "Made in Russia". Obviously, they COULD be Chinese fakes, but they look and sound good.

Nesstone Tubes is here in Sacramento. I met the owner, he knows quite alot about tubes and has some fair prices. Whenever I have a tube question, he gets back to me very quickly. I've bought Russian 12ax7's & EL84's from him and they have all sounded good and seem to work just fine. I tested them on my solid state B&K 707 tester and was curious as to why the 12ax7's tested low. He told me that the new tubes all test low on older machines but test strong on the new digital testers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom