Posting Pictures

parman

Music Junkie
Trying a new method of storing and posting pictures on AK and I'm having troubles. I'm tired of photobucket so I thought I could copy and paste them from my pictures to the image box like I did from photobucket. So I go to my photos open the picture I want and copy it then click back to AK but when I go to paste it in the image box it doesn't offer me the paste option, what gives? I think the problem might be that when I go to my pictures it isn't in a new tab, I'm clicking on the Microsoft icon in the bottom left and after I copy the picture I have to close my pictures to get back to the AK site. I'm using Chrome to view AK but I tried it using IE and that wouldn't work either. I don't really think this is the fault of the new format but I'm not sure being I'm just trying this for the first time. HELP!

Have you tried the "Upload a File" button on the bottom right of the page? Just click on it and then choose a picture from your file.

Move Audiokarma to one side of your screen, then open your picture folder and move it to the other side of the screen, now drag and drop the picture in the image box. :thumbsup:
Or like Duane said, you can use the upload a file button, once it is uploaded it will give you two insert options, don't pick thumbnail. Good luck!

Cool.. :thumbsup:

The only thing is, when someone quotes your post, you don't see the actual image (I think). You only see a file name (I think). :dunno:

Photobucket has gotten awful.

Photos in your computer can be posted without the ULR that we used to need PB to get.

Click and hold a photo in your computer files and drag it to your desktop the release the mouse. Then here do the same dragging it into the comment box and release, now that it loaded you have a choice, thumbnail or full image pick one and the post your comment.

78336.jpg

Photobucket is once again down, which ruins all my previous posts, as the images are not available while the site is down.

So, I'm trying a new image hosting site, postimage.org, that claims 100% uptime. I used it for a thread I created last night, after waiting several hours for photobucket to complete their "maintenance". I also went back and edited another recent post to change the image location to postimage.

The problem is with older posts. Posts beyond a certain age cannot be edited. That means I have a few hundred posts I've created, and several threads I started that are missing their images, that may be gone for good at the rate photobucket is going downhill.

Is there any way for the admins to reset the time limit on editing old posts for those who wish to move their images to a more reliable image storage site?

Photobucket is back up, but I'd still prefer to move all my photos to a more reliable image storage site.

While photobucket was down, I went back and edited all my most recent posts to point to the photos I uploaded to postimage,org. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anyway to edit posts that are older than a month old. I assume this is a parameter that is set by the forum admins, as I've been on other forums where you can only edit your posts for one hour or one day.

With all the problems photobucket has been having lately, I really wish I could go back and edit all my posts to remove the dependence on such n unreliable service.

When you upload pics directly from your computer, you are hosting them on the AK servers. When you link them from something like photobucket (I use google photos), they are hosted there, and don't actually use AK server space. I have no idea if that is an issue with the new server, but didn't there use to be a limit of how many pics a member could directly upload?
I've just always figured it was better to not take up AK resources more than necessary.

vintage-magnepan-unitrac-tonearm_1_70e4feddf6b878225f7ba2f0d3c3befc.jpg

Just trying this upload feature. Much easier than using a photo hosting site. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom