the dreaded ups fear, awaits me.

jami w.

just being me thats all
i bought a marantz sr 7000 off an aker last week, without a doubt being an aker. im sure he packed it solidly for shipping, but ive got that dreaded ups fear, we all get from them. just hoping it didn't "fall" off the truck, or get "kicked" by accident.

i always hated ups but we shall see, should be here sometime tomorrow.

I have had a studio of camera and audio gear shipped to me via UPS from B&H NYC without an issue. It is all in the packing.

if it was packed well, it will be fine.

Last edited:
I have had a studio of camera and audio gear shipped to me via UPS from B&H NYC without an issue. It is all in the packing.

if it was packed well, it will be fine.
not always the case, the ups warehouse here love hiring cheap labor (day labor places) those people, only care about their daily check, for their booze. its a 70% turn out rate at that place, they get pissed at 7.50/per hour.

I havent had fedex or usps ruin anything ive shipped out.. Just shipped a set of dishes(20+ pieces) across the country via Fed ex. Arrived safely. An amp is easy to package compared to that. With that said, I'm always nervous that the package could get run over by a fork lift or something.

Chances of that happening is one in a million.
True. I was half joking.. I did recieve a package, (wooden lazy susan for a cabinet build) that had tire tracks on it! Of course it was broken to bits! That was my one in a million I guess.

My recent delivery of four Jamo C103's from USPS was enlightening. Weird they came on Sunday, she wasn't in uniform, and nothing, I mean nothing was stacked in the truck. I should have snapped a picture, everything was obviously just thrown into the truck, it was just a huge pile.

The only reason I saw this, she needed my help digging the 60lb boxes out of the pile lol.

My recent delivery of four Jamo C103's from USPS was enlightening. Weird they came on Sunday, she wasn't in uniform, and nothing, I mean nothing was stacked in the truck. I should have snapped a picture, everything was obviously just thrown into the truck, it was just a huge pile.

The only reason I saw this, she needed my help digging the 60lb boxes out of the pile lol.
gotta love the lazy drivers smh, ive watched them actually toss packages from both the trucks and walkway/sidewalk to the door. half really dont care, an the other half of good drivers do their jobs. always hoping you get a decent driver instead of the asshat ones.

turns out i knew the ups driver, came here in one piece. not one mark, tear on the box so im happy.

That’s because in the world today, we expect the worst....

A lack of focus, a lack of care, a lack of involvement.....you name it.

It’s just too much for people to think things through....

That’s because in the world today, we expect the worst....

A lack of focus, a lack of care, a lack of involvement.....you name it.

It’s just too much for people to think things through....
or its because we've had nightmare packing jobs delivered to our houses more than once. i never doubted his packing up the unit, esp since it came from an aker. its the shippers i worry about while in transit.

or its because we've had nightmare packing jobs delivered to our houses more than once. i never doubted his packing up the unit, esp since it came from an aker. its the shippers i worry about while in transit.

I was just considering the world at large and not AKers......

True. I was half joking.. I did recieve a package, (wooden lazy susan for a cabinet build) that had tire tracks on it! Of course it was broken to bits! That was my one in a million I guess.
”The chances of that happening again are astronomical.” - Garp

I only use FedEx or the USPS. I used to use UPS but I don't think they're capable of getting it to where it belongs without losing the package. Terrible service.

Back
Top Bottom