Denon DCD 670 - $20
Optimus T100 - Free
Optimus 5B - $10
Goodmans Minister Speakers - traded for a Garrard Type A
2 Technics SL-220 - Gifted from a friend
3 NHT Super Zero Speakers - Free
Lenco (59?) turntable, Leak TL/12 Plus amp, Fisher PR-6 Phono Preamp - $50
Dual CS726Q - Free

I will have to update as I recall other goodies.

Thought I hit good score on neckties yesterday, for a second. 5 armani ties and one burberry... All fakes! But, there was a real
Talbott best of class with the nordstrom tags still on it. About a $200 tie new.. First time ive came across fake designer ties at the thrift.

3 good finds in a week

Yamaha RX-Z9, GW $47 after 20% discount
Original MSRP: $4,500
-17O x7 wpc @ 8 ohms, 265 x7 @ 4 ohms
-Harmonic distortion 0.005% THD
-Frequency Response: 10Hz-100KHz
-Massive 1.2KVA toroidal transformer, 2x 28,000uF 80V power supply caps.
-THX Ultra2 certification
-Weight 66.1 lbs.

Sunfire True Subwoofer Junior, GW $8 after discount
That Yamaha is truly a Beautiful Beast! Holy crap!, Great Score! Congrats !

Found a slightly battered set of EPI 100V speakers for $11 that need new surrounds. Had a "Tested - Functional" sign on them put there by an employee with either incredibly low standards or a strange sense of humour.

Fender Squier Stratocaster 1998 Mexico made with pearlite pick guard (but does need one string replaced). and gig bag.for $16 with my "Geezer" discount. I also found a Fender acoustic guitar which I passed on to my thrifting partner bobsvinyl which cost him $8.

FSS - 1.jpg

Last edited:
Fender Squier Stratocaster 1998 Mexico made with pearlite pick guard (but does need one string replaced). and gig bag.fo$16 with my "Geezer" discount. I also found a Fender acoustic guitar which I passed on to my thrifting partner bobsvinyl which cost him $8.

View attachment 1159864
Good for you Dublin, was that at BTP?

Spent way too much at thrift today. Found ANOTHER Leo Kottke LP, and a VG appearing copy of Chicago Transit Authority, plus a couple other LPs and CDs, TONS of books, and two old "lightning" canning jars (I use them for dry storage in the kitchen, you can still get replacement seals for them, and nice new silicone ones at that)

Denon DVD-3910 with all accessories, $66. Not my normal great score but I have always liked the sound of the 3910. Interestingly, the same store had almost every model of Rotel AV preamp. They were non-HDMI and only one was the newer silver with flange look. There was also a RSP-1098 but it was over priced. If it lasts to half price, I'll bite. Passed on a Parasound P/SP-1000 preamp, overpriced. There were a couple of NHT sub controllers in another flipper's cart which might have interested me.

As you can see above, Walter (DublinTrader) and I had a good day at the thrifts. Walter found two guitars, one electric and one acoustic and was nice enough to share the wealth. The acoustic is in nice shape and is a Fender Squier made in China and it's pretty hefty. It cost $8.00 after my geezer discount. I also found a few records and some great vintage kitsch, two mummified toads sold as tourist souvenirs. They creeped my wife out, but I love stuff like this.

003 (4).JPG 004 (4).JPG 005 (4).JPG

As you can see above, Walter (DublinTrader) and I had a good day at the thrifts. Walter found two guitars, one electric and one acoustic and was nice enough to share the wealth. The acoustic is in nice shape and is a Fender Squier made in China and it's pretty hefty. It cost $8.00 after my geezer discount. I also found a few records and some great vintage kitsch, two mummified toads sold as tourist souvenirs. They creeped my wife out, but I love stuff like this.

View attachment 1160048 View attachment 1160050 View attachment 1160052
That like is for everything but the toads. I'm with your wife on that one.

Those are the good ones. Just be forewarned that the cones get brittle with age. If nothing bad happened at the thrift just continue to treat them with care.

The grills do not appear to be removable. Would like to look at the speakers. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom