McIntosh c20 early or late models?

cocovinyl176

Hi folks,

Does anyone have a preference on what McIntosh c20 model they prefer, early or later...if any? Also, anyone have any tips on how to clean the brass face plate?

I like the faceplate on the later one because it is glass. I think thee early ones were plastic, but I'm not positive

I like the faceplate on the later one because it is glass. I think thee early ones were plastic, but I'm not positive
You may be right about the glass. I’m going to ck it out. When the early version is looking pristine, the gold bar has the looks. More interested in quality of sound and build, but cosmetics are a big part.

I think the "brass" frame is pot metal, plated , but I'm not positive, test it on the back side.
It took a lot of work to reassemble, the original unit cost me $200. and I have another $300 in parts in it.It sounds great though, so I'm happy.

I think the "brass" frame is pot metal, plated , but I'm not positive, test it on the back side.
It took a lot of work to reassemble, the original unit cost me $200. and I have another $300 in parts in it.It sounds great though, so I'm happy.
I take “reassemble” as in restoring it and not actually putting the glass and back face back in place? My face unit it attached to the cabinet. Strange, not sure if it was done by org owner or stock.

Last edited:
The reassembly part, as putting the parts in place was easy, getting all the pieces together, and making the parts was the hard part.

The reassembly part, as putting the parts in place was easy, getting all the pieces together, and making the parts was the hard part.
OK. That is what I thought you meant. I got nervous and thought id have a hard time place my new front (glass) and back (black) face back together. Unfortunately, I can not track down that brass frame...and need one knob.

Back
Top Bottom