Let's see your Fisher gear!

20160724_141720.jpg
This system has a 400CX-2, FM-1000 and a SA-100 amplifier in the bottom cabinet (with a whisper fan and open back!). I go between a X-1000 and the 400CX-2/SA-100 combination.

A vintage Thorens TD124 with 3012 SME arm is in the cabinet for vinyl.

View attachment 765308
Sweet system! My Fisher journey began with this X-100-3 unit this spring. More to come I hope.

Beautiful TOTL units. Even though they are out of my price range they are on my wishlist! You never know when you'll get lucky though. Thanks for sharing. You should post another photo showing the cabinet open.

Thank you. It all sounds/works very well together.

I just finished the rebuilding of the SA-100 and I'll get a photo when it is put back in the cabinet. I use it without the cage. I'm going to add EFB soon to eliminate the fan and improve performance.

SA-100 2.jpg

SA-100.jpg

fisher studio standard ba 3000 power- cc3000 control preamp - fm 2421 tuner......

b3spxc.jpg

15fohs2.jpg

8zkvog.jpg

The ON DECK System. X-101-B, Garrard Zero-100 (Shure Mx97e), FM-100-C. I just got the 100C From MrPhilco a couple hours ago and testing it out. Normally I have a KM-60 for a tuner. The FM-100-C will go with my TX-100 Amp. This is the system my Grandson plays. It's all hooked in to the TV, and a laptop for streaming stations on the Eastern shore.

100_5374.JPG

100_5376.JPG

100_5378.JPG

100_5377.JPG

The ON DECK System. X-101-B, Garrard Zero-100 (Shure Mx97e), FM-100-C. I just got the 100C From MrPhilco a couple hours ago and testing it out. Normally I have a KM-60 for a tuner. The FM-100-C will go with my TX-100 Amp. This is the system my Grandson plays. It's all hooked in to the TV, and a laptop for streaming stations on the Eastern shore.
Nice Larry! Your grandson is very lucky to use that. When I was a kid I used to play my records on a RCA console. I sure would have liked to have that system to play with!

When I get the house straightened out, painted, and back to battery, I'll let him at the EXECUTIVE again. Right now it's literally buried with other stuff I've got to find a place for in the house. (It's like stuffing 15#'s of crap in a 3# bag).

Looks like a Fisher KX-100/X100B Amp and a Fisher KM-60 Tuner. I'm refurbing a pair of those now.
its The Fisher X-100B amp & The Fisher fm 50 tuner....tubes are 7868s for power...phono stage hasn't been upgraded,so i use a Musical Fidelity X-LP phono & MF X-PSU power supply....i see your in Fl...i have a Fisher X-100 stored in FL that needs work ....when i return 2019...would you know anyone or service that could repair(minor) this amp in or near Broward county?

its The Fisher X-100B amp & The Fisher fm 50 tuner....tubes are 7868s for power...phono stage hasn't been upgraded,so i use a Musical Fidelity X-LP phono & MF X-PSU power supply....i see your in Fl...i have a Fisher X-100 stored in FL that needs work ....when i return 2019...would you know anyone or service that could repair(minor) this amp in or near Broward county?

I think that RSSteve lives in Jupiter which is probably less than 1 hour north of Broward. He might know about a place in Broward county. He's got a "bunch" of Fisher gear. In fact I'd like to know if there is a place there too. I've got a son that lives in Ft Lauderdale and it would give me two reasons to visit the county area. (I don't get there much.)

I refurb'ed my KX-100 myself (Almost identical to the X100B). It wasn't hard, but I have some electrical background and a lot of patience. Got any idea on what kind of work you need done? Typically if it is just old, you can get by with replacing the electrolytic caps and check the tubes and visually look for obvious problems. There are some recommended mods that will help too such as bias improvements, output tube measurement resistors, output tube grid protection resistors, inrush current limiters and more. I don't know how different is the X100 vs. the X100B, but you can get lots of help here in the Fisher area of AK. The people here are really really helpful and friendly.

My KX-100 was in really bad shape. It was missing tubes, switches, and had a blown output transformer (that I was able to save). The chassis and transformers were covered in rust. I basically had to go completely through it and it took lots of evenings to get the rust off without damaging the stenciling too badly. I've been working on it for a bit over a year (with fits and starts). I'm on the last couple of things to tweak and then I'll be done with mine. It's a nice little unit. You might want to post in the Fisher section to see if anyone else can give you suggestions about support in South Florida/Broward. Maybe just finding a place that has a tube tester will get you more leads too.

My tuner is a Fisher KM-60. It's a basket case right now and needs a full refurb too just like my KX-100. The KM-60 was sold as a kit and it might be the kit built version of your FM-50 (or pretty close). That is next in my queue. I hear they are sweet when working correctly.

I'm in the middle of refurbishing some Fisher Kit speakers too. They are slimline KS-2 speakers with 12" woofers. Later I've got another basket case Fisher 500B thats in similar condition what I started with on my KX-100 and KM-60. The 500B will probably be next years project.

I think that RSSteve lives in Jupiter which is probably less than 1 hour north of Broward. He might know about a place in Broward county. He's got a "bunch" of Fisher gear. In fact I'd like to know if there is a place there too. I've got a son that lives in Ft Lauderdale and it would give me two reasons to visit the county area. (I don't get there much.)

I refurb'ed my KX-100 myself (Almost identical to the X100B). It wasn't hard, but I have some electrical background and a lot of patience. Got any idea on what kind of work you need done? Typically if it is just old, you can get by with replacing the electrolytic caps and check the tubes and visually look for obvious problems. There are some recommended mods that will help too such as bias improvements, output tube measurement resistors, output tube grid protection resistors, inrush current limiters and more. I don't know how different is the X100 vs. the X100B, but you can get lots of help here in the Fisher area of AK. The people here are really really helpful and friendly.

My KX-100 was in really bad shape. It was missing tubes, switches, and had a blown output transformer (that I was able to save). The chassis and transformers were covered in rust. I basically had to go completely through it and it took lots of evenings to get the rust off without damaging the stenciling too badly. I've been working on it for a bit over a year (with fits and starts). I'm on the last couple of things to tweak and then I'll be done with mine. It's a nice little unit. You might want to post in the Fisher section to see if anyone else can give you suggestions about support in South Florida/Broward. Maybe just finding a place that has a tube tester will get you more leads too.

My tuner is a Fisher KM-60. It's a basket case right now and needs a full refurb too just like my KX-100. The KM-60 was sold as a kit and it might be the kit built version of your FM-50 (or pretty close). That is next in my queue. I hear they are sweet when working correctly.

I'm in the middle of refurbishing some Fisher Kit speakers too. They are slimline KS-2 speakers with 12" woofers. Later I've got another basket case Fisher 500B thats in similar condition what I started with on my KX-100 and KM-60. The 500B will probably be next years project.
regarding the Fisher FM 50B tuner....yes ,sweet sound but you need a good antenna ...i was using a BIC Beam Box antenna ...facing SE ...not good in NYC you need to face west toward Freedom Towers...As for the Fisher X -100 in FL....its in great shape but lost a channel...i have NOS RCA 7189 tube s for the amp....it was last service by my pal Tom who was/is the owner of Cosmophonic Sound in NYC & LI...here in FL someone once told me of a place in Jupiter call Nitro Sound that might have a vintage tech named Henry,but that was about 3 years ago when my amp was working fine,when i look online recently,it seems they may have changed direction & install car audio.IMG_1459.JPG

Back
Top Bottom