The Return of the G9000

Instead of stuffing those old ecaps as Anders has done, it is possible to make a small pcb to fit some new ecaps.
I used higher colour temp white LEDs in the G-7500, just because I have a bag of them.
fuji 054.jpg fuji 055.jpg

Instead of stuffing those old ecaps as Anders has done, it is possible to make a small pcb to fit some new ecaps.
I used higher colour temp white LEDs in the G-7500, just because I have a bag of them.
View attachment 1160191 View attachment 1160192

Interesting you say that, I was just thinking the same thing, make up a nice board to mount somewhere and just leave those originals where they are, I think its possible, there is room in the G9000...
Or I was thinking of just ditching those oval caps all together and fitting some Nichicon Gold tunes in there....

I like the golden glow, its just a personal thing, mood lighting, I have lamps for lighting in my house, nothing too bright...

Interesting you say that, I was just thinking the same thing, make up a nice board to mount somewhere and just leave those originals where they are, I think its possible, there is room in the G9000...
Or I was thinking of just ditching those oval caps all together and fitting some Nichicon Gold tunes in there....

I like the golden glow, its just a personal thing, mood lighting, I have lamps for lighting in my house, nothing too bright...
Talking of golden glow, is there a way of dimming the brightness of the LEDs in the G7700? nice colour , just a tad bright

Talking of golden glow, is there a way of dimming the brightness of the LEDs in the G7700? nice colour , just a tad bright
Could try a dropping resistor, but the best way would be a regulator, cold possibly mount something on a perf board....use a trimmer to get it just right....Hmmm, let me think about it..

I made an adj reg for the G-7500 mod.
suggest to tap off the unreg for the tuner supply (~>=16V+) and reg that using a cheap adj type, lm317T w/pot(R1=240,R2=2K+1Kpot). string 3-4 leds together for a low i/p - o/p diff in reg supply (~>2-3V). a small R drop (10ohm) in series with each string. white leds are ~ 3.2V@10mA 3.2x4=12.8V
Simple design
http://www.muzique.com/schem/lm317.htm

I've been through a number of iterations with LED lighting in a couple of 9090DBs and an 8080DB. Warm white every time; much closer to original just a bit more vivid. Cool white is too harsh/bright.

I've been through a number of iterations with LED lighting in a couple of 9090DBs and an 8080DB. Warm white every time; much closer to original just a bit more vivid. Cool white is too harsh/bright.
I agree, it just doesn't look right......I like the original look. I used to dislike the whole idea of LED's a few years ago, but the technology has progressed quite a lot over that time and now its just plug and play, no modification necessary...I have seen some pretty ugly conversions using standard LED's.....

Oh man... you make me want a g22000.... so so hard! -impossible in my country- ... congrats in getting yours back... I have a slight chance on a pioneer sx1980, and maybe you guys will ban me from the forum jeje, but I still prefer my sx-1250 over my g8000 (both fully restored).... but don’t worry, the big G also receives lots of love!…

But always wondered about the g22000....

Oh man... you make me want a g22000.... so so hard! -impossible in my country- ... congrats in getting yours back... I have a slight chance on a pioneer sx1980, and maybe you guys will ban me from the forum jeje, but I still prefer my sx-1250 over my g8000 (both fully restored).... but don’t worry, the big G also receives lots of love!…

But always wondered about the g22000....
Well, I haven't got it back yet, I have to sell some stuff to obtain the funds, but its in process.....I can't wait!!

There is a trick where you take a yellow marker and simply color the led. I just used it on a rail of 6 LED lights used to spot a large painting. Before the color looked like a fast food joint, now after some mixed yellow and orange pens on the glass it has a much much nicer tone and not as bright.

I just fit drop in replacements, simple, plenty of colour and colour temp choices. When I am restoring/repairing, I like to put something in which looks original and doesn't involve time consuming solutions.

Back
Top Bottom