Original or new parts?

Tonyqt

429ECDCD-8283-4AA8-9629-52C1A374839E.jpeg E5888ABE-FDCF-47AE-88CF-8D069A69AEBB.jpeg BED82608-AF5A-4CB7-89D2-3B4B15051CD2.jpeg i recently picked up this 2270 and like everyone else here wanted to see what the insides look like. I take the 4 screws off, lift the cover and am blown away with just how clean this one is. So I’m thinking “there is no way this hasn’t been messed with. Someone had to be in here before”.
So could someone tell me by the pictures if this is all original Marantz parts or are there new parts in here and who ever installed them cleaned thing up. Thanks!
Buy the way. It’s as clean on the outside, plays great and everything works with no odd sounds or scratchy pots.

I’m not sure about everything else, but looks like big power supply capacitors have been replaced. Mine are black

It looks those are grey Elna ones and if they are they will be original, look at the markings.
I never owned one but it looks quite "unmessed"to me, which IMO is a good sign.

Wow. Very clean unit. Must have been stored in a cabinet keeping the dust from settling on it. Great find! All of those grey electrolytics look original to me.

Nice original unmolested time capsule there. Very nice indeed, congrats.

What the story of how you got it?

flip it upside down. remove bottom cover(s). inspect all the solder joints, if the board has
conformal coating then look for where it's been removed. resoldered joints look different
easy to spot.

also look for non-period correct caps.

Great haul! No pictures of the others?

(Is that your SD 455 Trans am in the picture?)

Last edited:
Here is a 2270 I picked up from the original owner that was untouched except for one or two dial lamps being replaced.

Marantz 2270.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom