Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

Don't think it would have fared quite as well against the performance versions of that MB, beating up on the Pinto engine size base model 190E is not much of an accomplishment esp. if it was the typical automatic trans version. The 16-valve models with Cosworth heads and Getrag 5-speed manual gearbox would have been a different story though the price would have been considerably higher.

John

1940 Plymouth P10 touring (ie- 4 door)
I'm in transition from PB pics to another hosting site since PB pics dont lkke to show up any more...so no pics at the moment, sorry.

Nice belvedere.I had a 63 polara with the slant six and push button tranny .Similar to this one but black.Girls loved that car which made a 19 year old boy happy,lol.
fl0116-229785_1@2x.jpg

So whats the story about the Mirada? A girlfiend of mine has a very nice k-car convertible.
Different platform. The Mirada was based on ChryCo's first "J" platform (RWD) which also underpinned the Cordoba and Imperial of the early 80s. There was a later "J" platform that arrived ~'87 that was a derivation of the earlier "K" platform (FWD) used for the LeBaron Coupe/Convertible and its derivatives through the mid 90s.

Last edited:
1947 Dodge sat in a barn for 20+ years. At 13 years of age I went to work 70 Hrs a week in the back of a Chinese restaurant. A week before my 14th BD bought it then some tools at Sears. Hemmings Motor News and JC Whitney for parts. Only had one problem I could not figure out on my own (electrical). The parts store owner figured it out and and I was off to the races. Well as much as a 56Hp motor could do in a 3800 Lb body.

Attachments

• SAM_0645 (1).JPG
    SAM_0645 (1).JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 23
My 1970 Duster right after the $150 purchase.....and before we put a chain on in and towed it home. (Had to rebuild the engine first, wasn't running.)
first car sevety duster.jpg
We stroked the slant six out to a 225. No A/C, 3 on the tree (never did modify sheet metal to get the Hurst floor shifter installed), AM radio......wasn't very pretty shade of green, but at 18 I had wheels! (.....until I got grounded for 3 tickets in a week.)

Back
Top Bottom