Can anyone recommend a legit source for an HA1196?

Ray Gianelli

I'm working on a Pioneer SX-950. In need of an HA1196, and I haven't found any I think are legit except for LittleDiode, and they're outside the US.

Any recommendation? TIA

For what they are worth and free shipping from one Asian source I saw on eBay, I'd try a one of them first. Might take a while but so does LittleDiode. I would not worry too much about a guarantee on a $2 part.
Utsource looks like a good chance.
Hope it solves the problem, P.S. use a socket
In another thread for a HA1156, he ended up using the NTE part, it worked

I salvage them from junk.
Got a pile of tuner boards stacked up.

Utsource sells fakes.
I got stuff from them.
I posted a warning here.

If you can hold until next week I can check my old NOS stock.
I really appreciate the offer, but as I posted above I'm going to try Consolidated. I've been curious about them, so this is a good opportunity to see how they are.

I may be in touch if they don't work out.

I just tried an acid test on Consolidated web site.
I searched for STK0050.
We know they are NLA and fakes around.
Consolidated shows it as discontinued.
That tells me they don't try to pass fakes.

HA1196 is so common, I would expect a not of NOS available.
But this stuff is getting old.
Keeping old parts around for 40+ years is a chore.

Consolidated has been around since '79 and acquired most of their Japanese semi inventory in the 80's before counterfeits was even a problem. I believe they were one of the first sources for Japanese replacement parts in the US during the 80's.

Well, I finally got around to placing an order with Consolidated. Their web site said they have a $25 minimum, and shipping was $12.45 ( I think that includes their $5 handling charge).

Edit: that does include the handling fee. And I forgot to mention that I received an email Friday, saying they were out of stock on one of the transistors I had ordered, and would a sub be acceptable. I checked, and it was. Still received order on Monday. Pretty impressive.

That's the bad news. Good news is that the parts all appear to be legit, and the HA1196 fixed the FM trouble. And I received the order faster than any other vendor I've dealt with. Ordered Friday, received Monday.

I think they're going to be my go to source for hard to find parts. Thanks eizner23!

20180424_055004-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is really good to know. Another friend says they are also a good source for belts and idlers.

Back
Top Bottom