How long will rechargable batteries in a bluetooth headset last before needing replacement?

Audiotfoot

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
A question I didn't think to ask until reading that replacing the battery in a Bose headphone runs about $269.

Any experience with battery dying, and how long did it last?

It depends on the type of battery. Any battery of a given type will have a maximum number of full charge/discharge cycles based on its chemistry. From there it’s a matter of usage. For example Lithium-ion batteries are good for 300-500 cycles. The good news is that after-market batteries are plentiful, much cheaper and often made by the OEM suppliers. After all most consumer electronics mfr’s don’t make their own batteries.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. Given the advertised 30 hours / charge and the amount of time the headphones would be used, 300 charge cycles would give me 17 years of use. I'm 74. The batteries will most likely outlast me.

I would hazard to guess that amount of volume used might be a mitigating factor in the longevity of said battery? The are only a finite number of charges available.

Is there an auto turn off if left on?

Q

$269 for the battery?

Hell, my Jaybird X2s that I bought used have gone through between 200 and 300 charges and I haven't noticed a decrease in runtime and they were only $47 with an extra warranty and that's the battery plus a free set of headphones!

Of course, they aren't Bose.

;)

What if you are a new guy, and you have absolutely no clue where to stick it? :dunno:
I think they should make a book called where to stick it.
Oh, I think they did.....they send it to you every year on April 15th..................
Sorry - my George Carlin tribute! :D

Thanks for the information. Given the advertised 30 hours / charge and the amount of time the headphones would be used, 300 charge cycles would give me 17 years of use. I'm 74. The batteries will most likely outlast me.

FWIW, I'm essentially starting year 5 (come May) on my QC20s and the battery seems to last just as long/hold a charge as well as it ever did.

How long will it last? :dunno:

Last edited:
Seems like when the battery goes it's new headphone time if it costs that much to replace.

Someone read it on the Internet so it must be true. :dunno:

Since the OP never mentioned a specific model, I just Googled a couple and found that at least some models use plain old user-replaceable AAA style.

Back
Top Bottom