RSC Santa Maria speakers

ashedd.... What do you want to know ??? Those are awesome speakers !!!
I saw that you have restored these several times, and I'm trying to do my first pair. Do you have recommendations for drop in speaker replacement (tweeter and mid)? Or is it more difficult than this and should I do some reading before I wreck these things?

I saw that you have restored these several times, and I'm trying to do my first pair. Do you have recommendations for drop in speaker replacement (tweeter and mid)? Or is it more difficult than this and should I do some reading before I wreck these things?
You should replace with Jensen ... rsc made speakers for them .... you will have the same audio specs with vintage paper cone Jensen. Look for them on ebay !!

You should replace with Jensen ... rsc made speakers for them .... you will have the same audio specs with vintage paper cone Jensen. Look for them on ebay !!
Thanks for the response. I have been wary of buying 40 year old speakers from random people on the internet, but some of them are cheap enough to take a chance. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Thanks for the response. I have been wary of buying 40 year old speakers from random people on the internet, but some of them are cheap enough to take a chance. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
Just had a quick look on ebay and there are some 4 inches tweeters rsc original ... and some 6 inches mids also .... if you want original specs .... be sure to use a low watt amp vintage like pioneer sx with those ... you will be dissapointed otherwise .... they really come alive with those !!!

Just had a quick look on ebay and there are some 4 inches tweeters rsc original ... and some 6 inches mids also .... if you want original specs .... be sure to use a low watt amp vintage like pioneer sx with those ... you will be dissapointed otherwise .... they really come alive with those !!!
Also make sure to crank up treble cause those speakers are paper ....

One step at a time my friend. I have a low powered receiver, a JVC R-X220 to start with. I'm sure it won't overpower anything and once I get the RSCs working the way I like, then I'll be on the lookout for something to complement them. I've been out of vinyl for 25 years and I'm just looking for a fair sounding system to try out a Dual turntable I picked up. One step at a time, and thanks.

232718214076_1.jpg
These are what I bought, BTW. For $25 they were a sweet deal and hopefully, they are all fine.

Got those speakers and they are not fine. I guess I'm back to my comment about about sending money to random people on the internet. These if you shake them sound like rattles, so something has died inside. I have pulled out my speakers and they have the following markings on the back: DW13 and TW350-3, so if anyone has some of these kicking around I could use them. The mids are uncertain and are marked DWK3 and RSC12M-3, so I'd be interested in a pair of those at the right price. So now, after flushing $30 plus dollars with shipping am I just being stupid putting money into these? Or should I stop restoring and start re-engineering these things? Looking for suggestions, or an instruction manual from those more learned than myself.

Back
Top Bottom