Weather weather everywhere

i only use my tribal name for social networks .. i really must get off them more but am suckered in to them .

Social networks like this one is no problem and replaces the once upon a time situation of neighbors that people use to talk to everyday....‘tis life !!!

pine trees should be nowhere near residential properties . Trees need roots .
I have 3 spruce trees that are about 60 to 75 feet tall and they are very hardy .During big storms they weeble ,wobble but they don't fall down,lol.I did have a huge Manitoba maple (box elder to my American friends) that was rotting in a dangerous place so I had to reluctantly cut it down.In the 80,s it took me 4 hours to go from TraverseCity to Petosky because of a ice storm.

Part of my neighbor's tree just made a new home in my driveway, got pounded with half inch size hail for a good ten minutes. Lights blinked off a few times but still have power. Some parts close to me had golf ball sized hail. 70 mph winds.

We had an ice storm in 2009 that left us without power for 3 weeks, so I can totally relate.

Nothing even remotely close to freezing tonight. It's thundering outside and we're under a tornado watch until 6AM.

You guys can keep your tornadoes that must be scary.I was in Barrie one day after the 85 tornadoes hammered that city .It was like a couple of nukes went off.

Finally...the weather pundits have something to talk/write/proclaim about. A bump in the weather road becomes a mountain to them!

They must get really bored at times.

Q

Gonna be 85 in DC area today, and rain and 70 on Sunday. We've mostly been 10-15 below average since late Feb.

Really nice today!
Supposed to be crappy tomorrow.
Sun today rain tomorrow

80 today 40 tomorrow.
I hope you guys weather (yes pun intended) the the storms ok.

Really nice today!
Supposed to be crappy tomorrow.
Sun today rain tomorrow

80 today 40 tomorrow.
I hope you guys weather (yes pun intended) the the storms ok.
A lot of rain, wind, and thunder here in SE Missouri, but nothing severe. Of course the severe weather season is just beginning.

IMG_20180414_091129.jpg

My house, (not pictured) looks like a tree chipper and a Hollywood hurricane fan got together to give my exterior walls a high fiber diet.

IMG_20180414_093234.jpg

This one is just around the corner from my house.

We already have a snow total of over a foot here for April (all in the first week). It's been an odd winter in that the snow hasn't accumulated much. 8" or 10" over a few days, followed by a meltdown, repeated all winter. Rarely enough base for decent snowmobiling or CC skiing for more than a few days in a row.

We have a large snow pile near the basement walk-out where we shove empty wine and liquor bottles over the winter. It's usually the last snow pile to melt away. When the bottles are all laying on the bare ground it means spring is finally here. In a normal winter there would be about 4 wine and maybe 3 liquor bottles. This year I'm expecting to see well over a dozen.

The Fishwife made me go out and fill all our gas cans yesterday for the generator. She's been watching all the weather warnings on the local TV stations that they always seem to roll out whenever there's a storm forecast... interviewing road crews and hardware stores about how they were preparing for the storm.:boring: As I was driving back, in a thunderstorm of all things, I was thinking how lucky we've been to have made it through the winter with no major storms or power outages. Predictably, the grocery store lot was packed with cars as was the lumberyard/hardware store. Which always causes me to wonder what these people did with the snow shovels and snowblowers they bought the last time there was a storm forecast?:dunno:

Gorgeous weather in northern France all week and (predicted) into the next two weeks. That is until those Soviet missiles start raining down on us.

shrug.gif

Back
Top Bottom