Help/ Where to buy Scott 340b- on/off slide power switch

angel17

My Scott 340B on/off slide power switch is no good please can someone direct me where to get a new replacement or an old one in working order.

Thank You

I believe those are standard slide switches from the 60s. Try Antique Electronic Supply, they have the Switchcraft slides, which are the best IMO.

If its a case of an odd color paddle, you may be able to switch it over if the mfg is still in business. I've done that before, its not that hard as long as you're careful to keep track of the bits inside.

If you don't find a working one, remind me, when I'm not at work I can look up the part that I found that was identical save for the slider. I have done this on a 340b so I know it works.

Can I dare to ask you if you could part with one switch? Please.
I'll check them when I get home and make sure they're the same. They have brown sliders not tan so some surgery will be involved and you'll need some aluminum pop rivers.

Although many manufacturers have used them over the years,I have never been a fan of this type of switch. I have seen many instances where the contacts had eroded and had been arcing during operation,which can be very bad for the equipment involved. Personally,I would install a triac and use the switch (which would then be working at much lower currents,and more especially not have to handle the turn-on surge at all) to trigger it.

Although they are overrated for this use,I had a bunch left over from another project,so I have been using them for this application.The tab is isolated,so you can mount them anywhere: https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/littelfuse-inc/Q4015L5TP/F7273-ND/967490

The circuit is extremely simple to implement,just substitute your power transformer for the lamp:)

upload_2018-4-14_16-47-30.png

Mine are all tan/beige but the early SS ones are brown (what I have) so a late 340B might be brown, I honestly don't know. My 340b is before the serial break.

My 340B switch is brown, I'll need one that match the original one, my knowledge to fix the old one or install anything else is null. I'm good at soldering and put it back the way is supposed to be.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0966.JPG
    IMG_0966.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0968.JPG
    IMG_0968.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0965.JPG
    IMG_0965.JPG