Pioneer SA-9100 Rebuilding boards

theoman

Confused Member
Subscriber
Just finished rebuilding the AWH-023 Power amp boards, whats the safest way to test the boards before powering them up?

IMG_9095.JPG

Last edited:
Ok so I just fired them up and one resistor on each board burned up. its the R20. When I was removing the parts the only think I found was Q11 or Q10 was shorted,
IMG_9111.JPG IMG_9109.JPG

Thoroughly ohm out the o/p bjt pins vs the chassis ground.
Thoroughly ohm out everything less :)
Always power up on a DBT. Would think you have read enough threads to know this important point.
Change the bias/offset pots.
I suggest to only do one channel at a time, that way you can compare them to see if they measure the same on the ohmmeter first. Any node against the other on the other channel unless you are 100% confident in your work.

Thoroughly ohm out the o/p bjt pins vs the chassis ground.
Thoroughly ohm out everything less :)
Always power up on a DBT. Would think you have read enough threads to know this important point.
Change the bias/offset pots.
I suggest to only do one channel at a time, that way you can compare them to see if they measure the same on the ohmmeter first. Any node against the other on the other channel unless you are 100% confident in your work.

when I ohm out the the chassis, what am I looking for?

schematic i have is for B version but i dont think for one minute they would have changed R20 to 120k .. it should be 180 ohms 1/4 watt . did it burn up in both channels ?

did you manage to mix them up ? like install swapped one for the other ? are B and c to correct posts ? what about other transistors ?

Check transistor orientation.
In one of the pics in post #4, it looks like the KSA992's? emitter legs are in a hole marked for the collector.
Facing the front the new KSA992s orientation is ECB, left to right.

Back
Top Bottom