Still freaking cold in Iowa

It is going to snow this weekend again still have snow on the ground maybe by fishing opener we will have open water

I hope, but am starting to think that may be optimistic. Ugh.

I moved down to the Twin Cities from Duluth a few years ago. Winters up there were tough and seemed to move straight to summer with little or no spring in between. That's how this year is shaping up 'down south'.

I hope, but am starting to think that may be optimistic. Ugh.

The other day a friend who lives on a lake up north (Brainerd area) said that last year on April 10 she took pictures of loons swimming on the lake; this year on April 10 she took a photo of deer running across it.

North East Indiana. I really want to swap the winter tires for my summer ones but I've already paid dearly for doing it to soon. Totaled a Mazda Miata on April 15th a few years ago when I came upon a frozen over bridge with my summer tires on. Luckily no one hurt.

Well it turned out to be a April Blizzard nice NOT :( Got a good foot of snow to deal with.

Well it turned out to be a April Blizzard nice NOT :( Got a good foot of snow to deal with.

Yep. I shoveled twice already — have done everything but the end of the driveway. Not looking forward to the snowplow coming through.

Yep. I shoveled twice already — have done everything but the end of the driveway. Not looking forward to the snowplow coming through.
I still have the snow blower going I am not going to be shovelling it. Waiting for the plow to come by before I deal with it.

Its been 5 weeks of 20 degrees lower than normal for us in the horrid DC area. We had snow flurries at noon today!
I think this year DC will get a 5 day warm spring before hitting 90+ every day until mid September.

A little past 40 degrees here in SE Wisconsin today. Good news though. A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for us tomorrow. 1-4 inches of snow is possible. But the forecaster from NOAA mentioned it could be upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning. We could see 1-2 inches of snow per hour. A fast narrow storm.

Its been 5 weeks of 20 degrees lower than normal for us in the horrid DC area. We had snow flurries at noon today!
I think this year DC will get a 5 day warm spring before hitting 90+ every day until mid September.

You need to move just a little bit further south, as I did. We had a beautiful day here yesterday and today is sunny and 72°F.

It's only 100 miles! Of course, our summers are every bit as hot and humid...but let's live in the present.

Imagine having to deal with this snow.Not a fake picture that's 100 percent real from Japan .
ice-3.jpg

You need to move just a little bit further south, as I did. We had a beautiful day here yesterday and today is sunny and 72°F.

It's only 100 miles! Of course, our summers are every bit as hot and humid...but let's live in the present.
I'd rather move to Front Royal or Roanoke. Never liked Richmond, or Colonial Heights either.

Back
Top Bottom