Triac for a McIntosh MA5100

Hello

The original component 131001 is GE SC41F obsolete since a long time . The component in picture sent by the factory is a substitute used in MA6100 .
You can use it in your MA5100 respecting place of each pin
see my pictures

MA5100-043-821-protection-pcb.JPG

MA5100-043-821-output-protection-pcb.JPG

Last edited:
Hello
The original component 131001 is GE SC41F obsolete since a long time . The component in picture sent by the factory is a substitute used in MA6100 .
You can use it in your MA5100 respecting place of each pin
see my pictures

Thank you very much for the information, I am making a list of parts that I need to buy online and when they arrive I will install it that way.

I have been looking for a subtitle for the TRIAC NTE5623 (VDRM: 100V / Vgt: 2V / Igt: 50mA) and I have only found in mouser: 863-T2500DG (VDRM: 400V / Vgt: 2.5V / Igt: 60mA) and the 863 -T2800DG (VDRM: 400V / Vgt: 2V / Igt: 60mA), can someone help me to choose the right one?

Last edited:
Sorry , but why do you want to buy something else when you have already bought the part supplied by the factory and perfectly usable in your MA5100 ??
Why looking for a 400V triac when the MA6100 original is perfectly working ??

Sorry , but why do you want to buy something else when you have already bought the part supplied by the factory and perfectly usable in your MA5100 ??
Why looking for a 400V triac when the MA6100 original is perfectly working ??
I found this amplifier in poor conditions and without some pieces so I have given myself the task of getting them little by little, in the photo that I upload to the forum it is missing one of the two triacs that come in that card you can also see that is none of the 4 fuses. I tried to collect some piece that would replace the NTE 5623 because in the mouser parts page I did not find that triac specifically, however I found it in a spare parts store in my city, that was something surprising! regularly nothing is found here. Once I have installed it I will upload the photo to ask for their opinions.

Finally I had the time to install the pair of triacs (among other things that need to install the amplifier), I upload the image of the arrangement that I made to match the legs of the triac, I also installed a couple of capacitors and the 4 fuses missing, please tell me if you see that something is wrong installed.

upload_2018-5-1_20-10-30.png

You did not use non polorized axial capacitors.

The heatsinks are not needed but will do no harm. You do know the amp will function without the tracs right? They are there to insure the supply fuses will blow to protect your speakers from possible DC.

Have you connected both devices T2 leg to a common ground?

You did not use non polorized axial capacitors.

Ok, I'll change them for non-polar, I looked in the service manual and did not say anything about that, maybe for that reason I did not find the polarity in the old capacitors that I removed.

Have you connected both devices T2 leg to a common ground?

yep.

Thank you very much for answering.

upload_2018-5-1_21-31-22.png

upload_2018-5-1_21-32-12.png

Here are the right connections (difficult to see on pictures)

Double check is better! Yes, I connected them that way, the triac on the left twisted legs 1 and 3 forward and leg 2 (slightly longer) backwards, the triac on the right twisted legs 1 and 3 backwards and leg 2 (slightly longer) forward.

upload_2018-5-8_13-11-40.png

Back
Top Bottom