Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Mmmm, brains

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

teal'c

Nuclear Cardiac Parent
Threads that just won't die.
7b7c6212eca72615025cd7723876a88b7df5357f_128.gif

• Zombie Threads - where crabby people tell you to post if you start a New Thread. (see New Threads).
  • New Threads - what crabby people tell you to start if you post to a Zombie Thread. (see Zombie Threads).

Don't forget when someone posts a NEW thread, someone invariably posts 17,251 links to other threads related to your unique issue, and don't even offer you a T-shirt.

I think of a 'zombie thread' as one that has had years of inactivity. Somebody does a search, usually a broad search, and posts to the first thread that pops up in the search results.

Threads the ones above, which have gotten a stead stream of activity, over the years, don't strike me as having come back from the dead, as they never really died.

But I could be wrong.

This forum is 16 years old. There have been countless threads with valuable topics. A lot of interesting topics have been swallowed by the daily new threads and their posts. That is a pity.

Did I already mention that I dislike the expression "Zombie threads"?

• Zombie Threads - where crabby people tell you to post if you start a New Thread. (see New Threads).
  • New Threads - what crabby people tell you to start if you post to a Zombie Thread. (see Zombie Threads).

Ha ha! This is so true. I noticed it when I first started reading the AK forums. When I had a question, I was unsure of the proper forum etiquette of how to pose it.

Now that I've been on AK for a little bit, I genuinely like the resurrected zombie threads. Both for the humor of a new member asking a long ago inactive member a question about something and the perspective of how the hobby has changed throughout the years.

Hiya,

Old threads brought back from the "Dead" = Necro Threads

At least as I understand it.

Frannie

Do a search!!! - what the crabby people say when a new thread is started. Not that it is a bad idea, but some act as if new information never becomes available. Can't win either way, really.

Back
Top Bottom