A-700 find

I've got a Hakko desoldering station and I like it a lot.
I use a Weller WTCPT soldering station that's got about a billion hours on it and has been totally reliable. You do have to change tips for different heat but I don't typically change temp so it's not an issue.

I've got a Hakko desoldering station and I like it a lot.
I use a Weller WTCPT soldering station that's got about a billion hours on it and has been totally reliable. You do have to change tips for different heat but I don't typically change temp so it's not an issue.
I once retrieved 4 or 5 non-working WTCPT stations from a dumpster . Then built a good solid working one with with the carcasses. Still have it and it still works. That was in 1986.So I do have a backup iron.

Drove 3.5 hrs total and picked up my a700. Looked clean. A little dusty on the board but not near as bad as most. Hooked it up and it does for sure need a good deoxit treatment. However after working the knobs a bit most of the static when moving went away..but really needs cleaned. I cannot really get a good impression of the sound because my at10 speakers blew the tweets from my rx v393 clipping.. Replaced with tweets reccomended by speaker exchange but they sound like crap imo compared to the originals. ... I know cw at10s are rockers and not finite sounding but they do ok... I had my 393 set up with a Yamaha ge- 30 eq to mainly give a better fuller sound stage at lower volumes. Tried hooking that up yo the a700 but it does not do anything at all except make it quieter.. No change in sound no matter what I set the levels at... Again I use the eq to make up for the shortcommings of the speakers at lower volume.... Any advice? Maybe the a700 being a a/b class wont work with my eq??? Anyways ill get my system sounding good to my old abused ears.. Experimenting till I get it right.

some picts... took off the top cover and got some of the boards n stuff. DEFINITELY needs a cleaning and deoxt
DSCF3997.JPG

Looks nice in there. Not overly dusty and not cigarette paste yellow.
If you look at those caps in the middle you can see the green fuzzy leads from the glue.

If anyone here wants to do it. Ill ship it USA only. Pm me with a price. Local reputable shop wants alot like 3 to 500... I just do not have confidence enough to do it myself being my 1st one. Ill start with something else first thats not such a find

Found someone to get it done. Even the price above probably would have been worth it as something comparable new would run well over a grand I think. When done it should out last me as its what 38 years old or so?

Digital Audio Device.
Back when they knew something like that was starting to appear but the dust still hadn't settled on what device would be "the one".

Cheers,
James

You should be able to run 12g no problem as long as you carefully insert the ends into the cut outs.
Banana plugs would not work with these speaker posts. They would have to have a hole in the center for the "banana" to poke into.

I see. I can get it in but it likes to be stubborn. Maybe i should soldee the twisted end so fraying doesnt happen when putting them in

Back
Top Bottom