Pioneer sx1010 troubles

Apples and Oranges?
The image is the power supply
The amps are what Mark is discussing.
Prepare the amps for the MTF's feed back procedure.
Then, No power until your ready to check the PS.
Rebuild the power supply. Get this done before finishing the amps.
Take images so we can see how your doing.
The power supply is about what you would expect in a (more than moderately used) 1010.
Its rebuildable. Take your time and enjoy the ride. It's the best part of endeavor.
Note: I didn't read the entire missed posts.
"Oscar23" has it going on! Nice searching on MTF's feedback check. For the 1010 collectors, it's life saver at times. But: In many cases its a missed solder connection on the amp boards. It's very important not to get ahead of your self. Double check your work. Have a better half or friend check for you. You'll be surprised what they find, even if they think your crazy.

Last edited:
OK I'm back with with less pioneer troubles I rebuilt the power supply board. and checked the voltages.
10 -56
14 57
8 14
So they are fantastic it's not pretty looks more like wire to wire but solid and working.ready to move to the amps

Attachments

• 20180318_122425.jpg
    20180318_122425.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 31
I would highly suggest either re-doing everyone of those BARE WIRE Jumpers with insulated solid core wire, or at least route them so they are centered between solder dots and then apply a layer of clear silicone sealer to lock them ALL down. One miss cue when handling can result in a short on the power supply board. The theory isn't bad, but the application is suspect at the least and dangerous at most.

Well dropped the jumpers ancore what I could with leads... left a few of the jumpers where more damage would have been done hope it looks better. You were right what I thought was solid was horrible all the transitors were wiggling every witch way

Attachments

• 1521909703583-1322797103.jpg
    1521909703583-1322797103.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 31
Well put the power supply back in and tested the outputs one failed so I replaced all 4 of them was going to do the feed back test but figured something failed rechecked all the other transitors on the left amp board everything tested fine. I put it all together and 1,2,3 click relay engaged set idle current to 25 mv, then set the DC voltage to 0. I've rebuilt the pre amp with no major issues. Cleaned all the switches and pots. My pioneer sx1010 troubles are finally over. They old girl is singing proudly. Thanks everyone for your help

I've worked on that for close to a year once I got the power supply sorted out it was easy enough. I've been in and out of it so much. But many lessons learned from that thing.

The very first foray into the all encompassing hobby was two 1010's - both broke. One was a parts unit. I got both running with the help of this magnificent forum.
"Feet into the fire" I always say. Some regrets, not many.

Great story, now you are qualified to help others out like me, zeb,mtf & crew do :)
Nice to see you back at it Zeb, I have Merlyn running ltspice sims on a SA-8800 to see why we have one oscillating :)

Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong I blew two sets of outputs and every transitor on the power supply at least once not to mention the diodes and broken traces. Every wire I'm sure snapped at least once but the lessons learned from this 1010 was well worth it

Congratulations, Oscar23. I salute your patience and persistence, the receiver was worth it. Enjoy the 1010!

Back
Top Bottom