Stromberg Carlson ASR-333 bypass loudness?

Ziradog

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am about done working on this amp. Schematic is here:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/stromberg-carlson-asr-333-filter-cap-values.816278/

It uses individual gain pots, one on each channel, and a dual gang "Master Loudness" pot, which does have loudness compensation built into it. I understand how to use this set up, I have other amps with variable loudness controls, but I think I will want to just remove the loudness compensation and use this as a master gain control. It looks like the loudness compensation consists of a 4700 cap and a 47K resistor (C1 & R1 on one channel, C15 & R23 on the other). I assume I remove the cap, do I also remove or change the value of the resistor, and if so, what value should I use?

Thanks.

I am about done working on this amp. Schematic is here:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/stromberg-carlson-asr-333-filter-cap-values.816278/

It uses individual gain pots, one on each channel, and a dual gang "Master Loudness" pot, which does have loudness compensation built into it. I understand how to use this set up, I have other amps with variable loudness controls, but I think I will want to just remove the loudness compensation and use this as a master gain control. It looks like the loudness compensation consists of a 4700 cap and a 47K resistor (C1 & R1 on one channel, C15 & R23 on the other). I assume I remove the cap, do I also remove or change the value of the resistor, and if so, what value should I use?

Thanks.
Lifting one end of the 4.7nF cap is all that is needed, this will make it easy to revert too.

Is this valid also for the ASR-433? I suppose yes as they are very similar (if not identical ) amps. I read a lot about removing the tone-o-matic control on Voice of Music amps (I removed it in my VoM 1448 and 1428 amps) but it's the first time I read about this feature in the S-C amps.

Is this valid also for the ASR-433? I suppose yes as they are very similar (if not identical ) amps. I read a lot about removing the tone-o-matic control on Voice of Music amps (I removed it in my VoM 1448 and 1428 amps) but it's the first time I read about this feature in the S-C amps.
Deselecting loudness ( switch M15 ) is all that is needed to disconnect loudness on asr-433.

Back
Top Bottom