What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

index.php
Do you know the story of the not so airbrushed out object on the woman's neck and how it relates to the rejected original name of the album?

Earlier i mentioned to @Delmarva ...Frank that the musician that I had the most albums of was Dave Brubeck. Here's the others
#1 Dave Brubeck-15
2 Bill Evans- 15
3 Ahmad Jamal-13
4 Dwight Yoakam-13
5 Duke Ellington-12
6 Wynton Marsalis-12
I think I might be seeing a pattern here:)
Shirley Horn-10, Bob James-10, Oscar Peterson-10, Bonnie Raitt-9, Earl Klugh-9
You might find it fun and enlightening to go through your collections and see whatcha got. Was for me

Earlier i mentioned to @Delmarva ...Frank that the musician that I had the most albums of was Dave Brubeck. Here's the others
#1 Dave Brubeck-15
2 Bill Evans- 15
3 Ahmad Jamal-13
4 Dwight Yoakam-13
5 Duke Ellington-12
6 Wynton Marsalis-12
I think I might be seeing a pattern here:)
Shirley Horn-10, Bob James-10, Oscar Peterson-10, Bonnie Raitt-9, Earl Klugh-9
You might find it fun and enlightening to go through your collections and see whatcha got. Was for me

Another Brubeck fan here. I once posted every Brubeck record I own here. It took a few days. I have 62 lps, not counting doubles, triples, and - well I do have at least 6 copies of Red Hot and Cool from the continuing search for that illusive "perfect" original copy. He can be addictive. :cool:

this Super Seven is a kit car
575028_79ab7548-d370-44fc-b5ba-8bc0197b160f_jpg_667x667_q100.jpg

The fellow whose car I drove wrote a book called "Roadster" about building it from a kit. It was subtitled "How (and Especially Why) a Mechanical Novice Built a Sports Car form a Kit". Novice is not the word. His friend and I had to tell him he had to use a wrench on his brake lines, or they'd continue to leak. He also had no idea what the Clutch Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder were for. Still, he gets credit in my book for tackling the project successfully.

The thrift shop vinyl I bought last week had just come into the shop. Several of the albums had address labels of the former owner Donald L. Powell, and stickers with JP written on them.

029.jpg

He hasn't lived at this address for long time, so I don't think this is an invasion of privacy. Put your info out there, then it's out there.
022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Y'all know I like to do my research
I just did an obituary search on Google and found out the story of one Donald. L. Powell.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/delawareonline/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=170922846

He passed away in 2014 at 85 years old. I suspect it was cancer. His wife's name was Jean.
He used to live in Wilmington, DE and retired to Millsboro, DE, about five miles from me.
He served in the Navy in WWII, Korea, and Viet-Nam.
There's no doubt In my mind that I found the original owner. I salute a true American hero and fellow music lover.
129273784_1415896112.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom