What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Saw Wendy in 1982 cutting up a TV with a chainsaw wearing only electrical tape.
MI0002476363.jpg

Stepped out on the deck to see how the snow was melting. Looked to my right and about15 feet away was a skunk looking for grubs. Everything is thawed a couple feet from the house so he was looking for easy digging. SLOWLY went back in, grabbed the shotgun, got dressed, went outside and preceded to stalk the little bastard. Was always to close to the house so didn't take the shot. Eventually he wandered back into the evergreens and I had a live and let live moment. Plus didn't want to stink up the whole yard.

The fellow whose car I drove wrote a book called "Roadster" about building it from a kit. It was subtitled "How (and Especially Why) a Mechanical Novice Built a Sports Car form a Kit". Novice is not the word. His friend and I had to tell him he had to use a wrench on his brake lines, or they'd continue to leak. He also had no idea what the Clutch Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder were for. Still, he gets credit in my book for tackling the project successfully.
I wonder. Did he plan on writing the book before buying the Super Seven? Pretty smart if the book paid for the SS. Sounds like a crash course in auto mechanics to me :)

The thrift shop vinyl I bought last week had just come into the shop. Several of the albums had address labels of the former owner Donald L. Powell, and stickers with JP written on them.

029.jpg

He hasn't lived at this address for long time, so I don't think this is an invasion of privacy. Put your info out there, then it's out there.
022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Y'all know I like to do my research
I just did an obituary search Google and found out the story of one Donald. L. Powell.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/delawareonline/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=170922846

He passed away in 2014 at 85 years old. I suspect it was cancer. His wife's name was Jean.
He used to live in Wilmington, DE and retired to Millsboro, DE, about five miles from me.
He served in the Navy in WWII, Korea, and Viet-Nam.
There's no doubt In my mind that I found the original owner. I salute a true American hero and fellow music lover.
129273784_1415896112.jpg
Ahhh Mate...credit to you for following up on the LPs owners and sharing with us here on AK...you just brought a tear to my eye!

I do not. It sounds interesting.
Ok, pull up a chair. This is a little graphic but I'll try to keep it clean

The band wanted to call their new album "Whip Some Skull On Ya" which was their term for fellatio.
The record company didn't like that, so they went with Brain Salad Surgery instead, which was lifted from a line in the song Right Place, Wrong Time by Dr. John.
While spending time in Switzerland, Keith Emerson became interested in the art of H.R. Giger. Giger was commissioned to paint the artwork for the album based on the original, rejected title.
The object on the woman's neck is a penis. He later sort of almost airbrushed it out at the request of the record company. You can still see it plain as day though.

The thrift shop vinyl I bought last week had just come into the shop. Several of the albums had address labels of the former owner Donald L. Powell, and stickers with JP written on them.

029.jpg

He hasn't lived at this address for long time, so I don't think this is an invasion of privacy. Put your info out there, then it's out there.
022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Y'all know I like to do my research
I just did an obituary search Google and found out the story of one Donald. L. Powell.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/delawareonline/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=170922846

He passed away in 2014 at 85 years old. I suspect it was cancer. His wife's name was Jean.
He used to live in Wilmington, DE and retired to Millsboro, DE, about five miles from me.
He served in the Navy in WWII, Korea, and Viet-Nam.
There's no doubt In my mind that I found the original owner. I salute a true American hero and fellow music lover.
129273784_1415896112.jpg
Good job. Now some of his collection will live on through you. Some of the albums I inherited from Mom and Pop also have those little address labels. When I'm gone my albums will be anonymous except for those few.

Back
Top Bottom