What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Guy Clark ~ Dublin Blues

dualp17291.jpg

Worked late, but aaah, I came off call this morning. Good evening!

The Switched On Bach tape came today. The starting bid was really low and I got it for a dollar more than that.

rps20180416_201503.jpg rps20180416_201604.jpg

I recall this caused a bit of a stir when released. Some liked it, some thought it a sort of musical sacrilege. I never heard it until now, and I like it.

I'm very interested in that stuff, but I am more of a mid-century Jazz guy. I've been spending time with the set because there are five CD's; it's a lot to absorb, even though I'm familiar with most of it, I haven't had it all in one place. And I've only got so much time during the day/week, and at night/home, I want to spin vinyl.
It's a great set start to finish. Next time I play it I'll go with the pre-war discs just because I need to be more adventurous

That said, I'm listening to New Wave Of British Heavy Metal as usual.

I ripped this audio off youtube four years ago. A collection of the band Satan's demo tapes from 1981, 82 and 86.
Satan was one of many NWOBHM bands to come out of Newcastle and the North East of England. For whatever reason the best of the best seemed to come from there...Raven, Venom, Satan and Tygers Of Pan Tang.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom