Today's JAZZ playlist

Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday at Newport. American Recording Society G-433 from 1957.
Ellla's tribute to Louis Armstrong on "I Can't Give You Anything But Love" is a classic. Recorded by Norman Granz.

index.php

Hey Fuzz, I've got similar floor speakers in my media room. Infinity RS4. What I really like about them is the RUBBER surrounds on the drivers instead of foam. They are 20 years old and no sign of any issues. Foam speakers would be in need of surround replacement by now. I have a pair of Realistic Minimus 7 Speakers I bought in college out in the patio for my TV surround system. These also show no signs of needing repair with their rubber surrounds.

Just once in my adult life, I'd like to sleep as much during the day as a cat.

Last edited:
Laziness for the win!

Seriously though, adding titles after the pics isn't a bad idea. I often check this out on my phone, and sometimes the pics don't show all that well.
Not to mention old pic links kicking it.

Also, this google pic thing is something I thought about.
It's changed, but you can still copy/paste those images. Just right click on it. Same as before, just you're doing it before the 'View' option.

That's funny. As a Thoroughbred Horse Racing fan, I really like "Lazyness for the Win!" If I ever invested in a Thoroughbred, I'd name him Lazyness just for reverse karma. With a name like that, he'd probably be a front-runner in every race just to prove the name wrong.

I grill year round, and I'm quite north. Snow is in the forecast for tonight, actually!
The only thing that doesn't work well when it is really cold is anything 'low and slow'. Way too hard to keep the temp at a proper setting.

When I lived downtown in a high rise I wheeled the grill right to the patio door during the cold months. I could stand inside while grilling.

In Hawaii, I'm not allowed to grill on my lanai in my condo, but EVERYONE does it. I mean, does anyone really want to walk down three flights of stairs dragging his grill with him just to BBQ? SWMBO yells at me about it until she sits down and eats BBQ Salmon or Steak or veggies. Then she scarfs it down, and again tells me how I'm going to get us in trouble BBQing out on the lanai. For what we pay in Condo fees, I say they can choke on my smoke.

I'm the reverse of you. BBQing on my lanai in July (the lanai faces south) in 95 degree tropical humidity with the sun beating on you is not for the faint of heart. I need one of those fans that also sprays a cool mist on you just to keep me from acquiring heat stroke.

Back
Top Bottom