Skin itching and burning? possible source(s)

What side effects did the steroid cream cause?
From the snooping around that I've done, plus confirmation from my GP, using certain steroids takes the place of some of your adrenal functions., causing them to slow down. The longer you use them, the longer it takes your adrenal glands to get up to speed. Abrupt stoppage can make it worse, which is what I did. That's why when you take the prednisone pill packets, you take 5, then 4, then 3, and so on. Large dose at first, then taper off.

One of the side effects of stoppage is anxiety issues, especially in the AM when you first wake up. Doesn't happen to everyone, but it hits me. It's been over a year since I quit them completely and my issues are getting better - it just takes time. Mornings aren't my favorite time of the day. You can take pills to help, but they cause their own set of problems.

I just feel bad for wifey, because she has to put up with me. She's a sweetheart, though. It will pass.

Itching skin! Are there telltale signs other than itching? Is it your upper extremities? Any splotching, red marks. Could be a fungus aggravated by sweat. There used to be a pill for this but has been since been determined it harms your kidneys. They have a creme replacement (Selenium sulfide )that also works, albeit a bit slower.

You are describing hives. I get the same reaction with shellfish. My allergist said there was no hit of shellfish on my test scan. He says it is an incompatibility of some kind. If I eat carbohydrates like rice or bread before I eat shellfish then I get no hives or reaction of any kind. Good luck finding your source of the issue.

Skin problems are one of the most difficult to assess and treat.

The skin and the immune system are in synch with each other, and the skin may reflect a problem within the body...may. Often complete blood work may indicate a prob, esp if the WBC count is high or even the reds are not within normal range. As one gets older, complications can occur with this symbyotic relationship as the immune sys has more trouble dealing with things such as allergies, or outside toxins. For instance, hemochromatosis, wherein the liver can produce too much iron often resulting in a head to toe itchy reaction.

As already indicated, coming in contact with many man made chemicals may illicit a skin reaction to them. I've also read that in some cases, it is a gene thingy that is passed on from gen to gen, often manifesting itself in later years with a weakened immune sys. Then too, sometimes nature can bring about skin reactions. Tracking which one either in man made or in nature are often impossible to nail down.

Also as suggested, stress can be a factor in how the body ties to deal with it. Many a doctor has indicated that Shingles, a carry over from Chicken Pox, may be induced to take over when the immune sys becomes overwhelmed.

Being a swimmer and hitting the pool maybe three or four times a week has brought on a type of skin condition called Guttate Psoriasis which results in an itchy rash...which is a reaction to the chlorine in the water. So, will either have to cut back the times in the pool, or quit all together.

Bottom line, the skin's trying to share a message with us and it's up to us to find out the causation and effective treatment to deal with it.

Q

Last edited:
Hi there,
I too have been plagued with similar symptoms. Through an enormous amount of research, here's what I have found...
Our skin is a major detoxifier of our bodies, therefore problems internally can present themselves externally.
In my case, it turns out my cause was two fold... fungus and parasites. Some things you may want to examine in your case that may be an indicator
  • Have you ever traveled outside of the country? Specifically to a non-'first world' country?
  • Do you have pets?
  • Do you eat sushi?
  • Do you regularly eat meat...rare or medium-rare
  • Does your house have any mold issues?
  • Do you ever smell ammonia in your socks when you take your shoes off?
  • Has your body odor changed?
  • Is your energy level low at times for unexplained reasons?
These are a few of the things that may lead you to some sort of answer hopefully. In my case, I've been able to alleviate 99% of my symptoms. I'm about 6mos in on my protocols. One thing to note is I had no luck with western medicine. I would advise seeking an integrated medicine doctor if you want guidance. Keep in mind that allergies are like a glass of water, the fuller your glass the more symptoms you will have. You can lower your load over time, but it takes work. Although it is an older perpective, I found Hulda Clark's "The cure for all Diseases" an interesting read on some of these issues.

I hope this helps!
John

Glyphosate AKA Roundup is used quite a bit in farming a lot of our food, and the estrogen mimickers can wreak havoc on our digestive system contributing to leaky gut syndrome and skin conditions and a myriad of other things....
Do your best to eat strictly and only organic that you know is truly organic and not just labeled that.....
If you eat at any restaurants make sure it's only pure organic, and do this long enough at least for a few months and see if there is a change.
Ever since Monsanto has gotten a Stranglehold on much of our food supply in the USA it seems there are numerous problems with people's immune systems their guts, their skin, food allergies especially in young children...
And with the Advent of genetically modified foods I think one of the first approved by the Food and Drug Administration in the USA was a tomato in 1993... There are so many people with problems with their health resulting from frankenfoods.
Artificial sweeteners another evil....
Do some research on everything behind aspartame and its origins in our food supply and what that stuff started out as....
Stevia is the only alternative to sugar that has far less calories and comes from a naturally grown stevia plant.
If we can only have real food again not adulterated by man and the food industry corporate mindset being worried about the bottom line and not caring about risking the health of humanity.
So first and foremost look to what you ingest and get as strict as possible with a written Journal of what you've eaten dated in the journal.... Make sure in the journal you put notations about your condition after eating everything and drinking on any particular day.
The journal has got to help reveal what in your diet could be causing it.....
I sometimes wonder if it's that seven year cycle of our telomeres that opens up us to certain predispositions in our DNA that are unavoidable.... This would be my last concluding thought if nothing worked in a changed diet.

Huge amount of scientifically unsubstantiated claims here.

FDA itself has said that aspartame is one of the most rigorously and extensively studied food additives and they along with 100 other agencies worldwide continue to deem it safe. What does it matter 'what it started out as'? It's a methyl ester of two amino acids that occur commonly in protein. It's not ant poison. It is what it is, no more, no less.

Glyphosate causes 'leaky gut syndrome'? Is there some other medical name for this that I might recognize? Because I've never heard of this.

There are many possible causes for the level of allergies in the population. If it's increasing it may be due to other environmental factors. There is evidence that the Western obsession with 'cleanliness' and all the antibacterial products can affect immune system development, for example.

There is also no scientific evidence that eating genetically modified foods causes any health effects.

Of course, there can be long-term, low-level (non-lethal or even sub-clinical) effects, as we're starting to see with the surfactants and possible effects on aquatic life. If they are there, they should be observable in controlled studies. We can't act on the claims of blogs and web pages.

Honestly I agree about food producers being more concerned with profit than health, but we're not going to get anywhere by making unsubstantiated claims.

FDA itself has said that aspartame is one of the most rigorously and extensively studied food additives and they along with 100 other agencies worldwide continue to deem it safe. What does it matter 'what it started out as'? It's a methyl ester of two amino acids that occur commonly in protein. It's not ant poison. It is what it is, no more, no less.

Glyphosate causes 'leaky gut syndrome'? Is there some other medical name for this that I might recognize? Because I've never heard of this.

There are many possible causes for the level of allergies in the population. If it's increasing it may be due to other environmental factors. There is evidence that the Western obsession with 'cleanliness' and all the antibacterial products can affect immune system development, for example.

There is also no scientific evidence that eating genetically modified foods causes any health effects.

Of course, there can be long-term, low-level (non-lethal or even sub-clinical) effects, as we're starting to see with the surfactants and possible effects on aquatic life. If they are there, they should be observable in controlled studies. We can't act on the claims of blogs and web pages.

Honestly I agree about food producers being more concerned with profit than health, but we're not going to get anywhere by making unsubstantiated claims.
A these claims are not on them substantially dated

Oh the claims are not unsubstantiated after all, there are many who have investigated this in depth doctors from all corners of the world this lady here one who teaches many doctors she has many many years of experience, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

https://prestigepublishing.com/pages/about-us

There are always going to be pro-establishment people who tow the party line, and with the system so deeply entrenched in a mindset that has corporations that develop Pharmaceuticals and chemicals used in food production writing the text books that teach medical industry.... The fox is truly in The Henhouse.
It is always best to try to eat food that is 100% unadulterated by mankind.
50 years ago it was unheard of to have so many children allergic to peanuts and so many other things in our food supply, autism rates have coincided with vaccination rates in the last 40 years, the bar graphs are identical that show the vaccination rate alongside the autism rate.
Combining multiple vaccines in one shot is proven to be extraordinary dangerous.
If vaccines are given one at a time like they used to be 50 years ago they are much safer.

She must be doing pretty well selling books at $22.95 each. From her page on Detoxify or Die!

We are all a toxic cesspool of the lifetime accumulation of chemicals from our air, food, and water. U.S. EPA studies of chemicals stored in the fat of humans show that 100% of people had dioxins, PCBs, dichlorobenzene, and xylene while another analysis of the exhaled breath of humans showed carcinogenic benzene in 89% and perchloroethylene in 93%. And these chemicals are just the tip of the iceberg. For now we have the proof that it is the steady silent accumulation over a lifetime that produces most diseases, including cancer. But medicine merely sees every disease as a deficiency of some drug or surgery, or tells us there is no known cause or cure.

There is now no question that these accumulated toxins are behind nearly every disease, symptom, injury and malfunction of the body.

As an env. chemist, the fact that dioxins, PCBs etc. are detectable in human fat is the only statement here that stands up to any scrutiny. Heck, I have a chromatogram of my own blood from grad school in the 80s showing tiny amounts of PCBs, DDT, etc. But there is absolutely no effing way that the studies exist to clearly demonstrate that every disease known to man is caused by these 'accumulated toxins.' The scientific community is well aware that we're walking around with them, and if the link was that good, we'd all know it. I'm in the field, and I know it's speculation.

Search the web
( Estrogen mimickers )
And if you don't want to read all the information then watch some of the videos on the first search page....

Search the web
( Estrogen mimickers )
And if you don't want to read all the information then watch some of the videos on the first search page....
One must also take into consideration how many lives these "things" have saved versus how many have been lost because of them.

One must also take into consideration how many lives these "things" have saved versus how many have been lost because of them.
Definitely... yes.
It's the multiple rapid succession of vaccines that are administered in a short period of time that are the cause for concern

I prefer data from known legitimate scientific sources, such as peer-reviewed journals, rather than whatever shows up on the first page of search results. On the Internet, you can say pretty much anything you want, and the more people click on it (or if you manipulate the process in other ways), the higher it goes in search results. That is not a measure of scientific validity, however.

I have an odd one to add to this argument to show how changeable the human body is. 8 years ago I came home very late from work and made some pancakes for a quick meal. In less than an hour, I broke out into full fledged hives from the chest up. I had to stay up for hours to find out if I had to call an ambulance. It finally backed off enough that I was able to sleep. I had to work the next day. When I woke up my eyelids were swollen so much that it was a struggle to see. I looked like "the bug man from the great beyond". No doctor was able to come up with any idea about what happened.

Last night, guess what I had for dinner.? Pancakes and syrup made by the same company that I had used 8 years ago. The human body sure is a puzzle. Nothing happened except that I was not hungry anymore. :idea: :dunno:

FWIW, some years ago my wife had an issue like this. It was tough to pin down and at first we thought we had bugs of some sort. Turned out to be an allergy to artificial food colors. She avoided them for a long while, then was able to slowly reintroduce them (gotta have those M&Ms). No problem so long as she doesn't overdo it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was gmo's.
I noticed eating corn tortilla chips at a local sports bar resulted in an intense itch in my inner thighs. I don't go now.
Itch is gone.
Many of the Monsanto seeds for soy and corn, to name two, are gmo and are sprayed with aluminum based herbicide (Roundup?).
Is it the Al or the genetic mod?

My chronic problem is jock itch and sensitivity to my own pubic hair on my huevos; intense itch that drives me bonkers to the point that I have tourettes' attacks and sometimes want to lash out (in my mind) at anyone or anything near me.So I grind my teeth and swear.
I tried powder, creams with menthol, but the only relief has come from Jergens Ultra-Healing cream.

The Center for Food Safety says that 92% of US corn and 94% of US soybeans are GMO. This means you're getting it in virtually every product that's not labeled GMO-free. This might cast some doubt on the bar corn chip theory.

Roundup (glyphosate) contains carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen and phosphorus. No aluminum. Glyphosate is not benign by any stretch, but its toxicity has no connection to aluminum.

The Center for Food Safety says that 92% of US corn and 94% of US soybeans are GMO. This means you're getting it in virtually every product that's not labeled GMO-free. This might cast some doubt on the bar corn chip theory.

Roundup (glyphosate) contains carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen and phosphorus. No aluminum. Glyphosate is not benign by any stretch, but its toxicity has no connection to aluminum.

Fair enough, but Al is being dumped on the food which is why Monsanto and probably Sygenta have produced Al resistant seeds.

Also, how do you explain the absence of the thigh itch since I've stopped frequenting Dave and Buster's? Maybe the beer?
Are hops gmo, barley etc?

I don't know about beer ingredients. Entirely possible it was some other food or drink ingredient though.

Where/how is Al being used on crops? I'm not a pesticide expert by any means, but I don't know of any uses of it, nor have I heard anything about Al resistant seeds. I would be very interested to know.

Back
Top Bottom