Weather weather everywhere

My son and I are up in kalkaska.. .. driving to Sterling heights Sunday ... should be fun.....9 in here in kalkaska now

Hmmmmm ... I think I'm seeing a trend here ...

upload_2018-4-14_23-26-55.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-14_23-25-18.png
    upload_2018-4-14_23-25-18.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 1
Well, have to admit that the weather predictors/forecasters/coin tossers got it right this time around. Over 500 crashes in the GTA area yesterday. Not sure how that compares to a reg day, eh?

Had to get a shoe horn to get the dog out this morning...he gave me that look of, "YOU go out there if you have to go!"

Q

Last edited:
Yesterday 70 degrees- first warm day in a long time- today 40. Waiting for things to moderate. Bob

Had to get a shoe horn to get the dog out this morning...he gave me that look of, "YOU go out there is you have to go!"
Same here. Mine still think it's fine enough out for a walk though.
giphy.gif

Sunny and hot (mid 80s) Saturday when we were in Richmond, VA,
then a chill dropped and it was high 40s and gusty when we returned Sunday - brrrr ...!

NE.FL. was under a, at first tornado watch, then warning, Sunday as a severe looking~20 mile thick squall line was developing and fed by the Gulf of Mexico SW of me..
As I watched it approach from the SW and intensify over the early afternoon, I thought of AKer KingBubba, who lives in Brooksville FL.(near FL`s N.W. mid state coast) which looked like it was getting hammered pretty strongly, by looking at the Jax. FL. radar images !!
I hope his family, himself, and house fared ok !!
I hope he checks in here and let`s us/me know.
I`d be interested to hear any descriptions from him, of that weather event, if he experienced it, as it looked like it would have been a wild ride !.

We were just outside the edge of the Jacksonville tornado, a near enough miss. Neighborhood across the highway took a direct hit, then the college and town.

After seeing all this bad weather going on across the US and Canada I am really happy I live here in the Greater Northwest. Ya know, It's been kinda cool and wet here lately but don't you worry. With some real determination, and hard work, I think that we can pull together and get it up into the mid 60's, with partial sun, within the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Sunny and hot (mid 80s) Saturday when we were in Richmond, VA,
then a chill dropped and it was high 40s and gusty when we returned Sunday - brrrr ...!

It would seem that all of us in the mid atlantic and northeastern states are having this unusual weather.
Last Saturday the high was 85F here.

When the cold front came in the winds picked up and the sound was apocalyptic.
This occurred when my companion animal had to go out and pee.
The temperature must have dropped 30 degrees in just a few short minutes.

In southeastern PA the forecast high for May 1 is only 65F.

Collegeville+PA+19426:4:US

BTW I have cousins that live outside of Richmond in Henrico County.

Winter just does NOT want to give it up.:mad: The snow melted off, it was sunny and warm for all of 3 days, and now it's back to 30F and snowing. There's snow in the grass and even on the road. I think my neighbors even have their wood stove going.o_O I know they did yesterday. Maybe I have a selective memory, but I don't recall it being this consistently shitty this far into spring.

Winter just does NOT want to give it up.:mad: The snow melted off, it was sunny and warm for all of 3 days, and now it's back to 30F and snowing. There's snow in the grass and even on the road. I think my neighbors even have their wood stove going.o_O I know they did yesterday. Maybe I have a selective memory, but I don't recall it being this consistently shitty this far into spring.
I have good news and bad news. Our local weather guy was saying the last time we had it this chilly into April was 1980 (we tied or broke a record for "lowest" high of the day a few days ago). So the good news is it apparently doesn't happen too often. The bad news? That summer saw something like 23 days over 100 degrees!!! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom