What capacitor value is this?

Stevescivic

So I am having a retard moment and was going through my SX-1050 restores and I remember I didn’t have a proper valued capacitor for my “function switch”. Looking at the service manual it says that lone capacitor in the board is a CEA 100P 63

Based on what I believe is correct in the Pioneer Tuning fork manual the value should be 10uf 63v volts correct?

I intend to order the proper value capacitor from Mouser. Can someone please confirm for me that the value I have derived is correct?

Thanks

Yes, that is a 10uF at 63 volts. But the capacitor on the function switch assembly AWS-094 of the SX-1050 is a CEA 221P 6 which is a 220 uF at 6 volts.

??

Ah I knew I screwed up... what I put in place of the function switch was a 220uF 25 volt cap b/c that was all I had left at the time.

Told you I was having a retard moment... Now I have to go back to my service manual to see how I got that value of 100p 63...

The only 10uF 63v cap in the 1050 is on the soft start board (AWX-098) with the big resistor. Is that what you are talking about?

The Function Switch board (AWS-094) has the one cap, 220µF 6Volt.
The Surge Current Suppressor board (AWX-098) has one cap 10µF 63V.

@Stevescivic, you need to verify the board and the cap. If you used a 220/25 cap on the function switch board, that is fine, higher voltage is no problem
If you used that 220/25 on the surge current suppressor board, that does need to be changed the voltage rating is not high enough and the cap is in danger or losing its life, depending on the actual voltage coursing through its veins.

Both boards only have one 'lytic cap on them. The surge board is the one by the big caps, transformer and such. The function switch board is removed from under the unit after removing the flat amp.

The cap in question is indeed the function switch. I remember it as being a single rogue yellow coloured cap and that I did sub in a 220uF 25 volt cap in place of the 6.3 volt cap that was there.

I was in a rush to order the one incorrectly spec cap that I had installed in hopes to get Mouser to send me the EXACT value replacement only to order the wrong cap anyways... DUH!

What is interesting is that BOTH SX-1050's I have do NOT have the single cap on the surge suppressor board. It's in the service manual but I have two examples of this receiver where there is nothing there. Did Pioneer have a rev change partway through their product lifecycle?

The cap in question is indeed the function switch. I remember it as being a single rogue yellow coloured cap and that I did sub in a 220uF 25 volt cap in place of the 6.3 volt cap that was there.

I was in a rush to order the one incorrectly spec cap that I had installed in hopes to get Mouser to send me the EXACT value replacement only to order the wrong cap anyways... DUH!

What is interesting is that BOTH SX-1050's I have do NOT have the single cap on the surge suppressor board. It's in the service manual but I have two examples of this receiver where there is nothing there. Did Pioneer have a rev change partway through their product lifecycle?

We are going to need a picture of that. That cap is I believe a timer cap before the relay engages (the ac power in relay).

Back
Top Bottom