Today's JAZZ playlist

Freddie Hubbard - Backlash -

FHB.png

Tidal 16/44

Echoes and Eric

I see you are still enjoying Tidal. Good on you. I have to decide on ONE streaming service (I now foolishly pay for Apple Music, Google Play Music, Amazon Prime Music Unlimited, and Slacker). It's looking like I'll chose Google Play Music for multiple reasons. But if I was into High Rez streaming, I'd go Tidal. Hands down.

Wouldn't it be great if Tidal offered a JAZZ STATION where they just streamed awesome high rez Jazz 24/7 ?

I was streaming the morning Birdflight with Phil Schapp show this morning on WKCR 89.9. He was announcing a special event on Friday at 7-9. I did my usual time and date check to see if it was a pre-recorded show and to my surprise he was live. I know he’s on the tail end of his career, by his own admission, slowing down his pace to let younger folks take over. The special event will be someone from afar, ( didn’t know the name ) coming to the studio to offer commentary on jazz pieces ranging from Louie Armstrong , to ???? ( didnt catch it ). There you have it. A bit long winded but thought it might be of interest in case it hasn’t been covered yet. ( I’m reading this thread in order, and I’m still back on last Saturday. )

Yeah, I catch Phil a bit. The guy's a walking encyclopedia. He knows so much of the history. Sometimes he goes on a little too long, but most of what he says is so informative. He's also responsible for finding alternate takes of some of Bird's recordings and things like that. I used to see him all the time at The West End Café, and have even sat at the same table with him at parties and dinners. A very nice guy.

HEY DID THEY CHANGE THE FORMAT HERE?!!

When I go to "new posts" or one of the forums, it's a whole new thing!!!

Last edited:
I agree on the mainland. I own a HOME in Florida. But in Hawaii, only the VERY wealthy can afford a brick and mortar home. The one thing we don't have in abundance is land. Everyone else (other than the very wealthy) live in either in a condo or apartment. 2 Bedroom condos with a view are now close to the cost of a Moon shot. I'm glad we bought ours when we did, especially since ours has a great view and is 3 bedroom. We'd not be able to afford it today. A 2 bedroom HOUSE with a view in Hawaii? The price is somewhere passing Pluto and leaving the solar system. A 3 bedroom with a view's price would be leaving the known galactic universe.

I remember when we bought our Condo, about the same time as Jack Lord's Condo (Hawaii Five-O) in Kahala was being sold. It was listed for 2 mil, but sold for 800k because it had not been upgraded since Jack Lord bought it in the mid 70s. It needed a ton of work to make it decent. Anyway, I thought "Holy Cow, 800 grand for a condo that needs that much work?" How times have chanced. Today, that would be a SUPREME bargain, even with huge work involved to upgrade it. Especially for beachfront in Kahala. You'd not touch a beachfront condo there for under 3 mil. And those probably need a little work.

Billy,
Agree Hawaii is almost another world. My only visit, we rented a red Firebird convertable. Smile when I remember lovely evening drives with top down.

Is anyone else having this problem? New Posts and Forums are listed in a strange new way on my computer. But on my phone they are fine.

Billy,
Agree Hawaii is almost another world. My only visit, we rented a red Firebird convertable. Smile when I remember lovely evening drives with top down.

Now that is a coincidence. Many years ago before I even dreamed of living in Hawaii, I visited. Rented a Ford Mustang convertible, and took some lovely evening drives with the top down. Magic.

SWMBO until very recently had a Pontiac Solstice convertible. We only got rid of it because it was tiny. No trunk space at all (except for maybe a small duffel bag) and no back seats. It was a play car. And if we ever got in an accident, it would be ugly. It was TINY compared to a full-sized car. She traded it in on a Cadillac CTS. Lovely car, but I do miss having a convertible, even one that can't carry anything other than two lean human adults.

Back
Top Bottom