What two channel McIntosh power amp?

andyo5

Hi, all. I currently am using an MX130 pre/tuner with an MC7106 six channel power amp. I am looking to replace the 7106 with a smaller two channel amp, since I only use two channels and would like to reduce the size and weight as compared to the 7106.
I have considered replacing both units with an integrated amp. My problem there is that I need a tape out or other facility that is not controlled by the volume control so that I can run my wireless headphones (they have their own amplifier). The current Mac integrateds don't have this feature.
Anyhow, I'm interested in a used 2 channel Mac power amp, solid state, that is not too old. Say, from year 2000 and newer.
Any recommendations?
Thanks!

Don't for get a MC 754, A MC 2002, or a MC 2101 if you want tubes. But personally I would got for a MC 7100 or the MC 502 for your Hersey.

Bridge two of your 7106 four channels. It is as easy at flipping a switch in the back of the unit and just use two of the channels for your stereo needs. 200 clean watts of 8 ohm power and you do not have to spend a penny. I use my 7106 just that way matched to a C39. Again just trying to give you another option.

Bridge two of your 7106 four channels. It is as easy at flipping a switch in the back of the unit and just use two of the channels for your stereo needs. 200 clean watts of 8 ohm power and you do not have to spend a penny. I use my 7106 just that way matched to a C39. Again just trying to give you another option.
Bridged according to MC7106 manual will give you 320 watts into 8 ohms.

E2B61432-4915-4012-9882-D1D6E7639E63.png

Pretty sure my MAC6700 has a "Rec Out" unbalanced RCA that is unaffected by volume control. Just a thought if you want to part with some serious cash. It is an awesome piece though!

-Geoff

I’ve had 2 McIntosh 2255 over the years and keep going back to it. Now looking for the 3rd time

Back
Top Bottom